[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Reusing Papers in a College Class.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: salvador-dali-the-dream1.jpg (34KB, 597x382px) Image search: [Google]
salvador-dali-the-dream1.jpg
34KB, 597x382px
I've got an English Comp course this semester, and the professor has us learning how to construct argumentative research papers. I've already done this in two separate courses at a prior university (one in an english course, and another in a political science course). I've been really trying to pour the majority of my time into a Math course that is required to get into the major I want, so I was wondering how ethical it would be to revise and resubmit one of the papers I used for my previous courses. I already understand the lesson that she is trying to teach, (how to construct an argument and properly use APA formatting), and I really could use the extra time focusing on Math. But it feels wrong. Should I bite the bullet and do a new paper? Would it be wrong to reuse it? Or should I spend my time on my math prerequisite?

(The paper I'm thinking of using was only submitted through paper and was given back. I don't believe it has been uploaded to any databases.)
>>
>>17595809
Bite the bullet and write the paper. If you get busted, you're looking at an automatic F and academic probation, for a start.

Also, for the record, when I was an adjunct teaching graduate students I turned all of the papers I collected over to a secretary to scan, convert to pdf, and run against two databases.
>>
>>17596756

This. It is possible to plagiarize yourself. The only way this would fly is if you got written permission from both your previous professor and your current professor.
>>
>>17596761
Even then, theres a good chance the university has a policy against it.
>>
>>17596765

Yeah, I was just listing the only possible way it could be allowed.
>>
>>17595809

Re-use the paper, just add "2nd Edition" to the title along with some minor revisions.

It's the academic thing to do.
>>
>>17596756
OP here. The papers were graded and handed back to us while we took our final. (It was a very small class)
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.