[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Depressive gf dragging me down

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 1354336742868.jpg (99KB, 683x797px) Image search: [Google]
1354336742868.jpg
99KB, 683x797px
Hey /adv/ i don't come her often, but as far as i know you guys have some experience with this kind of thing:
>Almost 2 years relationship
>Never had a fight with gf
>She always complained about being the victim somehow, people don't like her, family gives no support etc
>kept showing growing signs of depression
>kept getting more and more clingy, to the point of complaing of not getting attention when she knows i'm studying or doing my shores, calls last hours
>had a fucking scary meltdown, cryed non-stop for hours, felt pain in chest and arm, we took her to the hospital, thought she was having a heart attack
>doc says is psychological
>take her to psychologist, she starts therapy
>she might have fucking borderline
>has being more sensitive than ever, calls me crying when i'm with my friends and feels rejected if not invited, even if she was the one not available
>started jokingly calling my female friends whores, she does inapropriated jokes all the time, i'm browse fucking 4chan so i find it funny occasionally, but now she does the fucking stupid joke every time i talk to a female friend over the phone which really pisses me off
>wants to cut herself, has mentioned suicide a few times
>today i found out people she says to not like her call her a "little princess" for mentioning my family in a threatening tone when in trouble (my family is a bit influential in relevat ways for her)
>my mother is fucking mad, she never protected me or anybody like that but my gf seems to tell people otherwise about herself
>Therapist says any chock like death in family, big fights AND i leaving her might cause another meltdown with serious health risks for her

Family and friends think she is not the one for me, i like her and worry about her but i'm getting tired and don't know how to even try to talk about it with her.
Opinions/suggestions?
I'm open to any comment.
>>
Make her leave you
>>
Put that bitch in a loony house, or dump her corpse in a river.
Good luck
>>
>>17595722
either you hurt her or she hurts you
seriously, sickness is hard, but as her partner you have to cope with that
>>
>>17595713

I swear there should be a sticky on this board about NOT STICKING YOUR DICK IN CRAZY.

You're not a life-support machine. Get out.
>>
>>17595747
>Get out
imagine she stays in a wheelchair for the rest of her life
>>
Break up with her, seriously.
If she threatens suicide, casually record it so she doesn't realize and call police. That way they know she was using it against you
If she is under age this way her parents will be contacted and she will be forced to get help
>>
Pull the ripcoard m8. What happens, happens. She cant hold ya hostage like that.
>>
>>17595713
>complaing of not getting attention when she knows i'm studying or doing my shores
Red flag.
>she might have fucking borderline
Sounds about right.
>calls me crying when i'm with my friends and feels rejected if not invited, even if she was the one not available
Oh yeah, this is bringing back memories
>has mentioned suicide a few times
yyyyep
>Therapist says any chock like death in family, big fights AND i leaving her might cause another meltdown with serious health risks for her
Woah, hang on, what. This is shit advice.

Ok, here's the thing about BPD. It is a fucking terrible illness. It's not a moral failing, she literally cannot control her feelings of paranoia and insecurity. She may be making life hard for you, but that doesn't mean she doesn't care for you, and it doesn't mean she's a bitch. Life is harder for her than it is for you.

THAT BEING SAID:
You do not owe her anything. You do not need to remain in a relationship out of obligation to someone who is making your life hard, sabotaging your relationships and damaging your reputation (and that of your family). She's unwell, and she needs to get treated for it herself. You are not going to fix her, you are not responsible for her mental or physical health; her happiness is NOT your responsibility, and is, in fact, beyond your ability to manage.

Both "this is an unwell person who deserves my sympathy" and "this relationship is bad for me" can be true statements.
>>
>>17595747
Yeah, but you can't always tell the crazy will only pop-up later, she seemed fine.
>>17595804
Her parents are trying to help in their own lazy-ass way, her dad never has money and her mother a church nutjob who tried to get a priest to "pray her illness away", they are paying for therapy, but it's a slow process and meanwhile i'm getting tired and having trouble having a social life and studying.
>>17595811
yeah, i'm starting to consider it, might talk with ther therapist before to make sure i don't do it in a stupid way.
>>17595816
yeah, i agree about it being bad advice, she did say that i'm not to feel responsible if anything bad happens, but it still felt like a warning of sorts.
I do feel terrible for her, she suffers a lot for things that people would only get mildly annoyed by, but it's also dragginf me down which is very annoying for me, i'm currently working on my master's degree, it's demanding as hell (at least compared to other stuff i did) and i either study and give her not enough attention (no social life and notime to relax) or study properly, relax and have a little social life.

I honestly like her, she makes feel good when she is fine, we have fun doing most of the normal couple stuff, but sometimes i just wish i was single and minding my own business.
>>
Women love the victim role. It's a fetish.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.