[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Life Insurance Job

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: True neutral.jpg (57KB, 550x746px) Image search: [Google]
True neutral.jpg
57KB, 550x746px
Alright so I just got offered a position at a life insurancr company. Being a broke college grad I'm obviously happy at the prospect of getting a well paid position where they will train me.

There's just one caveat. They want me to list 100 people I know. They didn't say that my employment was on the line based on whether or not I sell to these 100, and the handout says it's just part of the training, but it seemed a little iffy to me. It's a well known company, they're paying for my exams, and it's an all around great opportunity. It's certainly better than letting my brain rot in neet land.

So my question is, has any ever done something like this, and how did it go? Should I ditch the other potential jobs (retail and warehouse) for this? I only have to choose because I have a week to do an online course and the 100 contacts thing.
>>
>>17595702
Of course your job will be bringing in contacts.
That's what a shitty sales job is about.
Up to you to try or not, but I wouldn't list family or close friends, you know they'll call them.
>>
>>17595708
That's the thing, I don't havr to give phone numbers or addresses or anything like that. They say it's to see what areas I need more training in.

Company is Western & Southern Life btw. They check out and the course is already paid for.
>>
>>17595702

do they require the phone numbers? i dont think they'd make you sell to them, thats not realyl the way insurance is done as far as im aware (my mother did it for a few years when she worked for farmers insurance).

it might just be some testament to your sociability which comes in handy in the sales game.
>>
>>17595720
No they don't. I'm not a natural sales person BUT I'm not at a point in my life where I can choose my dream employment (don't even know what that is) so I'm just going at it to see where it will take me.

How was it for your mom?
>>
>>17595762

it was fine. there was an issue with ONE client that started stalking us for a year. he camped out on the hill behind our house and would sometimes follow us as we walked through the woods to school. one time we came home and he'd broken in and had laid out all my moms under garments.

that night he was across the street from us the entire night. cops couldnt do anything cuz he was on public property (an old graveyard).

but other than that she made decent enough money, and didnt hate her job
>>
>>17595775
Yeesh that sounds fucking awful. But it's good to hear about the mone, that's the main reason I'm going head on into this thing.
>>
>>17595881

it was a rare incident, the kind that isn't specific to that job, so i wouldnt worry.
>>
>>17595888
I'm just a little apprehensive about having to call off the other jobs. My back up is an amazon warehouse associate which would make a lot less. I can't do both because I'm supposed to study 52 hours between now and next week when I have my next interview, and if it doesn't go well I'm out two potential jobs with mo back up.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.