[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to get rid of anxiety?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: 2011.11.03-800x533.jpg (191KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
2011.11.03-800x533.jpg
191KB, 800x533px
On Monday I broke up with my girlfriend. By phone. I know it's not how you should do it after 6 months, but when you start to be scared of your partner and you cry every time you see her you just think about quitting. I also did this because she was constantly suicidal (trying to look for sharp objects to hurt herself, also in my house) and she was giving me strong hints she would cheat on me, such as going on holiday with another man and telling me she was thinking about her ex.

The only thing I have now is anxiety. I cannot sleep because I feel anxious, I wake up and I feel anxious. It is tormenting me and I do not know how to get rid of it. Sometimes I just feel I want to lay down on my bed, cry and not get out of it.

It is seriously debilitating so how do I deal with all this?
>>
Bruh. You just gotta not give a shit about it.

There's plenty of things in life that matter, this is one of those things that don't.

You know that saying "don't sweat the small stuff" bingo lingo right there, man.

Relax, watch some TV, smoke a joint, jerk off, and get on with your life man. No big deal.

I often get a lot of work stress, and it's been effecting my home life. So, I've been constantly telling myself "it's just a job, it's just a job" it seems to calm me down a little bit, and stop me from shaking and puts my mind to rest.
>>
>>17595532
You'll frel like shit for some time, that's just what happens when you break up. Maybe you've gone through it yourself in past break ups. It's probably the lowest point you've been at for years, it's like that for most people. Just keep going, it's only going to get better in the next months. This woman was destroying you.
>>
>>17595718

I am trying to see friends and smoke. Hopefully in the long term will be better. Thank you for your words

>>17595810

She was my first girlfriend so no, I never broke up. You are right anyway
>>
BUMP. Plus no smoke for today. What a bad day.
>>
You did the right thing. She was going to treat you like shit and hold you hostage with her suicidal tendencies ("you can't leave me or else I'll do xyz").

At least you got out at six months... I was with a basket case for 5 years in my early twenties which are supposed to be some of the best years of your life. You never truly see how fucked up some relationships can be until you're no longer in them. Never look back man.
>>
>>17596471

She did that already actually. it's not easy to be forced awake till 8 am because she might run out and throw herself off a cliff at any time. Six months are still too many. I went to a shrink and had to take pills for bipolar people for 1 month, even though I'm sane.

I am not looking back because I think to myself "Do I feel safe, serene and calm if she is in my house?" and the answer is no.
>>
One last bump before I go to sleep...
>>
Focus your attention on something else. Like your hobbies, go out with friends. It's normal for you to feel anxious right now but one of these days, you will be glad you got out of that unhealthy relationship.
>>
>>17596607

I will try to write my book then. And I'm meeting friends daily. Going out in the town where I live didn't help because there were people arguing in the main square.
>>
Going to use your post so I don't waste space and make another post, since it is related.
>join military about 3 months
>stress has been getting to me for the last month or so and I am not even a tenth of the way done with training
>feel anxious, on edge all the time and can't feel I can handle it
>I am the person in the group who doesn't care what people say about me, and am a relatively reserved person
>people laugh off things I say because most the time when I say stuff like "I hate my life" and stuff like that I am joking
>makes it impossible to talk to people about problems
>people who I thought I could talk to make it all about them when I try to talk to them, and I oblige but never feel better
>stress and anxiety are turning to anger
>youngest person there, everyone else was partiers and stuff like that before coming here so I get talked down to me a lot
>dont feel like my superiors can help with this, I am following the daily grind like everyone else
>family and friends dont answer calls, texts, etc.
>tired of doing the same things all the time, over and over again
>the work is difficult and I rarely have time for myself
>and I mean no time, have not been alone for more than an hour since I have been here because someone always wants to come with me to do stuff
>not like I am escape during the day we are all on the same schedule
>same activities, same people, same bullshit EVERYDAY FOR THE NEXT 20 MONTHS
>realization that I have another 4.5 years after that where I have to put up with this
>had never left home before now

Anyone have advice to help me cope?
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.