[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Best friend and girl I have a crush on said she thought I was

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 5

File: this kills the man.png (142KB, 273x305px) Image search: [Google]
this kills the man.png
142KB, 273x305px
tldr I don't really know what that means, and more importantly, how to react

A couple nights ago we went out drinking with some people, and afterwards the two of us were sitting on her front porch finishing talking and she said she had something to tell me but she "wasn't drunk enough yet". She finished her drink and then revealed that she thought I was her soulmate because of how good we get along and how easy it is for us to talk to each other, and things like that.
We've known each other for a year, and have been best friends for probably the last 5 or so months. She also knows I have feelings for her.
I definitely feel the same way, but I don't know how to move our friendship into anything more serious. I really, really want to, but we really are really good friends and I just think it'd be weird.
Anyone else been in a similar situation? Or have any ideas on what to do?
This might also be relevant: I've never been in a relationship before. She was my first kiss at a new years party last year.
>>
>>17595447
You could date her.
>>
>>17595447

This is the start of something great buddy, i too dated my best friend. It was fantastic, all those months of friendship and inside jokes, small quirks you know about it each, do's and don'ts that you are familiar with when with each other. Its great. I had my doubts too but once i took that step forward i never looked back.

Despite this though it's worth considering that if things do go sour between you two... heaven forbid. That not only do you lose a Girlfriend, but also a bestfriend.

I did, i still think about her every now and then
>>
>>17595466
How did you go about starting to date?
Neither of us have brought it up since she said it, and I don't know whether to be really serious about it, like "You're so important to me, we are soulmates" or something more casual, where I just kiss her when we're hanging out some time.
Also, thanks for the reply and for what it's worth, I'm sorry to hear about that
>>17595457
I agree, what do I do to do that?
>>
>>17595480

For me it was like any other day except the girl i was friends with had her first live piano recital in the city hall, i'd made her aware prior that i couldnt make it but towards the end of the recital i snuck in and watched her finish the last few minutes and when she went to take a bow she saw me clapping and started tearing up. I met her later on that cold october evening where the sky was pink and blue and after a bit of chit chat, I then kissed her for the first time.

We then discussed what it meant to be in a relationship, that we were both happy to take it to the next stage, and oh boy was that great, bonfire night, christmas, new years, it was a magical end to the year.

It's all about mutual agreement and both being happy with the final result. Go for a walk with her and tell her how much you like her and how happy she makes you, then drop the big question
>>
>>17595447
>Best friend and girl I have a crush on
date one of them, the one that doesn't have a bf
>>
>>17595480
You could invite her on a date. Thats exactly what shes waiting for. But youre too autistic and gonna blow your window of opportunity.
Im sure youve had minimum experience with this so let me give you an easy scenario.
>Hey [insert shitty movie] is coming on. Wanna watch
>Touch her in non awkward and playful ways
>sit somewhat close to her
>PAY ATTENTION TO HER
This is important. She needs to know you are doing so
>Lean towards her
if she doesnt lean away go for a kiss. That easy.
>>
>>17595528
>Best friend and girl
not OP: the best friend is the girl...
>>
File: crying1[1].jpg (41KB, 849x565px) Image search: [Google]
crying1[1].jpg
41KB, 849x565px
>>17595504
>but towards the end of the recital i snuck in and watched her finish the last few minutes and when she went to take a bow she saw me clapping and started tearing up. I met her later on that cold october evening where the sky was pink and blue and after a bit of chit chat, I then kissed her for the first time.
that better happened for real or else...
>>
>>17595543
No way
>>
>>17595550

I still remember it like it was yesterday anon, three years on.
>>
>>17595533
Ok, we have tentative plans to see a movie tonight. Should I phrase it like a date? We do a lot of things just the two of us as it is, so I'm not sure how I would differentiate it. And then, does this mean I shouldn't say anything about us being soul mates?
>>
File: tumblr_m4dd68as5P1qapr40[1].gif (941KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_m4dd68as5P1qapr40[1].gif
941KB, 500x281px
>>17595570
totes

>>17595583
aww, that's so sweet.
>>
>>17595607
No you autist. This kiss will be your way of replying.
>I'm not sure how I would differentiate it
If you hang out a lot Im sure you guys avoid intimate situations. Dont this time. If your hand accidentally touches hers dont retract like a faggot. Plow through.
>>
>>17595504
That is the most cinematic love story I've heard of in real life, anon, good work.
What was the chit chat like? And do you just go in or say something first?
>>
As someone who married their best friend, relationships like this tend to be very strong. You're building a relationship on friendship and communication and companionship. You're not trying to build a relationship with someone you barely even know. You got each other all worked out and you like each other for what you are.

I've been together with my best friend for... something like 8 years now, our fifth wedding anniversary is coming up in a couple weeks. Been through high and lows together, have a kid, making our dreams come true, we're doing great.

This could be the start of something amazing, anon. You shouldn't let this chance pass by. And if things work out, that sucks, and it's going to suck. but I think it's better to try it out and know that it doesn't work than to miss the chance and spend the rest of your life wondering what could have been if you'd only been brave enough.
>>
>>17595627
sorry for the late reply anon, you're probably well in to your date now so good luck, but on the chance you do see this. I just spoke to her about how she was feeling up on stage etc, and how her day was before. It was whilst we were strolling and our hands kept subtly swinging past each other. I played it cool. It wasn't until after the kiss where i turned into a softy and admitted how deeply i felt for her and what i'd do just to keep her happy. good times.

These are great moments that are fleeting anon, make the most of taking them in.

>>17595645
Is also speaking true words, you never know what the future holds
>>
>>17595645
*and if things don't work out.

Wow, I screwed that one up.
>>
>>17595645
That sounds incredibly ideal. How did things start for you guys?
>>17596239
It's alright, I was at work and school, but I don't think I'm seeing her tonight after all. Her sister is in town only for tonight, so they're just going to spend some time together.
Thanks for posting though, it has all been really helpful. I'm just so nervous about making a move. I have literally no experience with that, so I don't think anything I do will feel natural.
>>
>>17596642
We met in high school and became friends real fast. We actually dated briefly, but since I was still a freshman, not completely through puberty yet, and had issues with physical touch, we broke it off. (It didn't hurt that one of my friends was gunning real hard for him)

The break was on good terms, we split up and stayed friends. We continued to hang out and chat occasionally. We talked less and less frequently as we went to college and moved away, etc. but still would shoot each other emails every so often.

Some number of years later, we were both moving back home. His current relationship was failing and I'd been dealing with depression and insomnia. We reconnected and started talking more and more and more. We regularly stayed up until 2am talking to each other.

We arranged a date to meet each other in person, and started hanging out pretty much constantly. Things slowly started to get more physical. We'd flirt more and touch each other more, sneak innuendo into conversation.

I still had problems with touching people and being touched, but with his help I was able to work through it. I trusted him from knowing him all these years, and his patience allowed me to open up at my own pace.

And the rest is history. Just ease into getting physical. Try touching each other more, not even stuff like kissing and groping, but affectionate touches. Putting your hand on her arm, massaging her shoulders and neck, petting her hair, wrapping your legs together if you're sitting next to each other. Intimate things.
>>
>>17596689
I'm honestly really glad that things worked so well for you, that's really cool.
I've only known this girl a year, but I feel like we have a lot of parallels to your situation. We've been through some shit together, and I'm pretty weird about touching people and people touching me.
I have noticed that we're kind of working more innuendo into conversation, and we've been play fighting a lot which is cool.
You've made me really excited and hopeful about the future
>>
File: DesmondCallingPenny.jpg (297KB, 1280x699px) Image search: [Google]
DesmondCallingPenny.jpg
297KB, 1280x699px
>>17595504
>I met her later on that cold october evening where the sky was pink and blue and after a bit of chit chat, I then kissed her for the first time.

Fucking hell mate, brought a tear to my eye. Beautiful.

My best friend of 7 years is a girl who I love. Was my oneitus until this year when I tried a relationship with another girl. It didn't last. I enjoyed it but at the same time the girl just never quite connected to me on the emotional level my friend does.

Sort of shit really. There was a great physical connection, but the conversation and friendship just wasn't there. What I would give to have that physical connection with my friend. It's like you said in your other post, you build up a familiarity and connection. I would kill for a relationship with a girl who gets me as much as she does. She's always second guessing my actions because she knows me so well, and vice versa.

It almost feels like a punishment to be so close yet so far away from someone.

OP, you stupid fuck, go and do something about it now. She called you her fucking soul mate, I have no idea what you're waiting for.
>>
>>17595480
>what do I do to do that?
Thank you for giving me some of the heartiest keks I've had in a while OP. I was kind of feeling like shit but people like you give me genuine hope for life.
>>
>>17595447
If you manage to date her like other anons suggested then it has the potential to be amazing. Imo being best friends with your bf/gf is a great thing, whether you are best friends beforehand or become each other's best friend during.

If you don't date her expect some tension though because it immediately indicates that there is some inequality in feelings in the relationship, as in one person will see the other as more than the other sees them.
>>
>>17597961
>OP, you stupid fuck, go and do something about it now. She called you her fucking soul mate, I have no idea what you're waiting for.
She's having a party at her house tonight
>>17598503
>expect some tension
This is mostly what I was worried about. But she already knew I have really strong feelings for her, so I'm just going to hope and assume that things don't get worse.
>>
File: scsa_thumb_up.gif (502KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
scsa_thumb_up.gif
502KB, 200x200px
>>17598921
All the best!
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.