[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to keep the conversation going? I have almost no friends,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 1468798577815.jpg (37KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
1468798577815.jpg
37KB, 640x480px
How to keep the conversation going?
I have almost no friends, and i can't really make new ones outside of internet because my conversation skills are horrible. It mostly looks like this:
>Hi person, [question]?
>hi anon, [y/n]
>insert awkward silence
I can't seem to keep the conversation going. Noone around me gives a shit aboit politics, so i cant even use this as an excuse for conversation.
Even when i know someone has similar interests to me i seem incapable to keep conversation about my own hobbies going.
Please help. I'm lonely and sad.
>>
I'm calling it now (as someone with the same problem)

No one's going to answer you with anything helpful. Just vagueries like hygeine and confidence. Shit you already knew and are perplexed that they bother to put to words.
>>
>>17594435
I don't have any problem with hygiene or confidence. I am very confident person and approaching people is really easy. It's just that after i approach them i don't know what to say.
>>
>>17594426
follow up with another question.
If a straight yes or no is all you're getting out of people, present your questions in a way that pushes them to explain themselves more.

Or just ask why.

But at the end of the day, some people just dont want to talk to you.
>>
>>17594445
>It's just that after i approach them i don't know what to say.
See this is why I don't understand why you're confident about approaching people.

You're confident without a plan? What?

This is why I at least admit I'm not confident about approaching people. I've never had a cold call go well.
>>
Obvious advice, I know... Have you started with hi, how, are you? They tell you how they are, you tell them about how you are, maybe then link in a story to why you feel that way, it's a start
>>
>>17594464
>They tell you how they are,
No, people say 'fine' when asked how they are.

And that's where things come to an ass-grinding halt, and your post sounds like optimistic waffle.
>>
And people who like to talk a lot are a good start, you could practice with somebody who's just dying to talk at someone, you may find some girls are easier to talk to
>>
And if you don't like waffle, then that could be the answer, if you don't like to chat, then maybe only talk to people you care about, some people just aren't good at chatting
>>
>>17594462
Yep, i think "whats the worst that can happen?"
>>17594464
You dont ask people you never talked to how are they, and its dumb to do the introductions with people who know your name.
>>17594468
Also this
>>17594475
I don't have anyone at all to talk to.
>>
Well, it's a hard one, I tried, good luck to you
>>
File: waking_moments.jpg (26KB, 620x368px) Image search: [Google]
waking_moments.jpg
26KB, 620x368px
I just got to answer you because I feel the same way dude. Okay I work with all these people in an art gallery you could hear the conversation from across the fucking building. Everyone talks about random shit, everyone has a social battery life, and everyone is their own character. I've seen people start to enjoy talking to someone then start to avoid that person. I've seen people make the smallest things at my work a giant problem. My advice to you man is be a little random and if you dont feel like talking then don't force your self to man. Also don't let things slip you by. Oh also everyone is boring when you get down to it.
>>
>>17594426
I don't know where you are employed, but work at a restaurant as a bus boy or something. You'll get used to talking to people doing that pretty quickly.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.