[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

my ex landlord is trying to fuck me please help!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

File: 604full-amanda-tam.jpg (47KB, 604x530px) Image search: [Google]
604full-amanda-tam.jpg
47KB, 604x530px
we lived for 6 years at a place that we just left this month.

we gave the place a 20 day notice and everything, never had a conflict, for a 6 year use we left the place impeccable, I have photos and videos.

today I got a letter from the mother fuckers, not only they won't return my deposit but they expect me to pay $1,250 for odds repairs. (blind replacement and carpet cleaning)

in 6 fucking years I stayed in this place the sons of bitch did shit to the place but change shower handle packets.

i am going to fight this till the end, not only won't I pay shit to them, I want my deposit back.

who are the authorities that I should contact, this fuckers are scammers I hear they are doing this to every one who leave the shit complex they are running even people who perform their own repairs.
>>
Did you ruin the blinds? And check your lease, it may have something in there about you paying for carpets to be cleaned at the end of the tenancy.

>in 6 fucking years I stayed in this place the sons of bitch did shit to the place but change shower handle packets.
That's irrelevant
>>
>>17593846
>who are the authorities that I should contact,

There are no authorities to contact. You have to physically sue them in small claims or hire an attorney for contingency
>>
>>17593865
Not true, where I live there's a department that deals with tenancy issues for a small fee.

OP was a fucking idiot and didn't tell us where he lives though, so we can't give him proper advice
>>
>>17593851
we asked the guy if he wanted to inspect the site before we left and he said he didn't.

there is no fucking company in the world that will charge a thousand and two hundred dollars to clean the carpets and change the blinds, there is no place in the universe that will charge that on top of the 6 hundred dollars deposit we paid.

this people are scamming customers plain and simple, there was absolutely no damage to the property that would merit more than a few dozen bucks.

they even sign the letter making us believe we were there for less time that we actually did.

who is the authorities over seeing this is it osha?

I'll rather pay 12 hundred bucks to a lawyer than this fuckers I ain't paying shit to them and I want my deposit back
>>
>>17593868
Vancouver wa.

I am still in the thread
>>
What a rip off. Sorry to hear that.
>>
>>17593875
A lawyer would probably be a lot more expensive than the 1250 he's asking for, just so you know. If there's a small claims court, try that, but lots of small claims courts have limited jurisdictions.
>>
>>17593882
I am fighting they won't rip me not with out a good fight
>>
If they win, burn down their house
>>
>>17593868
>tenancy issues for a small fee.

Literally exactly what i said. You can take them to small claims court on your own or pay someone to handle the case for you.
>>
My landlord did the EXACT same thing to me. Sadly, even though I took photos of EVERYTHING, my phone and computer did a dump at the same time so I had no evidence.

Your only hope is to file a dispute if you want your money about. The previous tenants did that and actually got some of their deposit back.

This is just a tactic to keep your deposit. The charge is meant to scare you into not trying to get your deposit back. If yours is anything like mine (Last initial W?) if you just ignore him he will not contact you again, he just wants to keep the deposit, paint over everything (including the Windows) and turn the place over ASAP.
>>
>>17593846
>6 years at a place that we just left this month
i thought renting was for people that dont have their shit together
>>
>>17593846
You have to pay. Typically these guys have lawyers on call and will prosecute as soon as you buck.

>>17593879
Haha, ya I'm in Washington too, you have to pay if you signed a contract
>>
I only read this because I thought your landlord was literally trying to fuck you.

I don't actually have any advice though.
>>
>>17593846
press rape charge
>>
>>17594207
Lol me too
>>
>>17593846
You have to give a month's notice if you expect your deposit back. Less than a month and they can legally keep it. The law in most states is you have however often you have to pay rent is how much notice you have to give. So if you pay rent every month, you have to give a month's notice.

Sorry for your retardation.
>>
>>17593846
Just tell him you dispute his claim.

Show him a copy of your photographs and ask him proof of the damage and proof of these cleaned carpets and new blinds, also for ask contact details for the firm he hired to carry out the repairs.

Post this to him recorded delivery, you can do recorded delivery whereever you are right?
>>
>>17594175

I thought shitposting was for fuckwits. Oh wait...

>>17593846
Look at it this way OP, there were going to be a whole host of fees when you moved out anyways (carpet cleaning, painting, etc), so you wouldn't get much of your deposit back anyways. Not sure about Washington, but read the lease carefully. If you didn't agree to pay anything beyond the deposit, tell him that and ride into the sunset.
>>
>>17594309
Also ask for copy of all the receipts and invoices for the repair work and cleaning work.

Put the burden of proof on him so he has to prove he spent 1,250.
>>
>>17593846
Some cleaning charges are inescapable, so you're not going to get off for free. And if you gave less notice than the lease specifically requires, you are probably screwed on the deposit.

Go at this calmly. Inform him that you consider the charges too high and are prepared to go to arbitration (with the local government or realtors' association) to reach a more acceptable fgiure.

If he refuses, simply tell him you won't pay. You can't sue him because except for the deposit (which is probably a lost cause) you haven't lost anything. He has to sue you, and your defense is that he has no basis for the exorbitant charges.

Actually, he'll probably give up, and not bother to sue you.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.