[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Stuck in loving relationship, must explore..grow..something..!

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

SUP /ADV/, luv u.

Me and the lady's one year is on the 24th..so close..but...problem!

I've been feeling for a month or so now that things need to end, that I need to go onwards...I'm 20 and have been dating her since I started college, she is a year older not that it matters.

I have potential to be with a lot of different women and try a lot of things out - pretty much lined up if I left my girl. Now, I feel as though I have learned what I have needed to - and my lady as well...that it is now time to even though we love eachother, separate for now because I haven't explored enough outside of highschool and who knows we may end up together.

Problem: she is SO set on getting married and talks about kids, whatnot. I have entertained some of this, what else was I to do? :(

The sex is great, we are great friends, have similar interests, have a lot of mutual friends together, but have even started to argue over stupid shit a lot more recently that I don't like how she goes about it or responds.

Don't know what to do, obv there is more to my story - BUT

TLDR - I feel stuck in this relationship with a really amazing girl, even though I love her, and want to explore other women and time to grow alone...(for now at least...)

She would fall apart I feel.... I built her back up from a lot of dark places...
>>
>>17593642
good fucking luck, the grass is always greener OP.
But if it's a good relationship and you love her, stay. Seriously stop fantasizing about the what ifs because if you leave, chances are she'll resent you and think she's not good enough and you'll be stuck thinking what if you didn't leave.
Don't be a piece of shit. Count your blessings.
>>
>>17593642

>I have to break up with my girlfriend
>I don't want to break up with my girlfriend
>What do I do?

Keep dating her for the rest of your life and confess and your deathbed that you've only been with her because you were too afraid to leave.

Thats the only logic option in my mind.
>>
>>17593642
Well do you know for certain that you absolutely want to explore around? I'm going to break this down.

Since you still love her but just feel a little stuck and want to explore "for now". The best outcome that you want is to take a break from your relationship with her, go out and live and explore, and then when you're ready, get back together with her.

The problem lies in that if you take a break, it might not be a break but an actual break up and you'll really hurt her and are worried for her well being since you helped her with her problems. Well here's the thing, you have to think about what you'd be asking of her. You'd basically be asking if she could be put on stand by and wait for you while you go mess around a bit until you come back. Could you really ask that of her? Well in all reality, no. No one would agree to that. To make it fair you'd have to be okay with her going around and having sex with other people too just like you. It would have to be mutual or else you'd come off like a controlling ass.

Considering how deep of a relationship you have with her, you gotta ask yourself if your temporary urge to explore is worth risking everything you've built with her. Because no matter how swuave you are, there is always a chance the worst could happen.
>>
>>17593655

My thing is this: she COULD very well be the ONE. But, I dated/slept with girls in highschool. Have only dated/slept with one in college..wouldn't it make sense for me to know before I go - or else if I stuck around I could always regret not exploring options and different types of people.

>>17593672

I suppose I've had this urge off and on for a few months now, that damn..other girls look good and might be able to offer something good for me..
She is great, truly.. No more eating disorder issues, no more cocaine (3-4 times a week for her at one point 2yrs ago), no more bad friends..she is supportive for sure.
THOUGH, there are definite drawbacks, without a doubt. This is partly my reasoning; what if the type of girl that I like in her could be a little bit different...but better...for me, in another woman?
>>
>>17593719
Well like I said. You have to decide on whether that chance of there being another woman is worth the risk.

Here's something I just thought of. If you truly want to explore then go do it, but you are going to have to take a break with her and here's my thoughts for how to do it.

Don't just immediately go on a break, it'll be sudden and fresh her the fuck out. It'll take a while but try easing her into it. Like at first kinda explain how you feel a little bit to her and say you want to slow things down. Don't flat out say you feel stuck and want a break at the start but say that like you are getting nervous or like things are going a bit fast for you or some shit. To make it not truthful would you are doing this you could subtly hint at the stuck feeling but I can't help you with good to do that. From there you let things play out for a bit with things slowed down and then eventually talk with her again and like explain how you feel a bit more but don't directly ask for a break yet, kinda see what she has to say about it first. Then let things play out again and wait for a bit and then depending on how things are going you could explain how you feel and want to go on a temporary break.

This'll be a pretty long process but probably the best course of action with avoiding hurting her.

How to exactly do this, the timing between the talks, what to exactly say, I have no idea because I've never done anything like this. This is just the best way of doing it I can think of
>>
>>17593755
To make it more truthful* typos
>>
I'm in pretty much the exact same situation. I'm 20 my gf is 18, we're coming up on two years. She gets me like no one else, and is easily the best friend I've ever had.

That being said, we are arguing more and more, and with our work and school schedules we barely see each other anymore. She is sometimes impossible to talk to when she gets into these irrational spells, and sometimes she seems to purposefully do things to sabotage her and our happiness. I'm growing to resent this bitch so hard. I wanna talk to a couples therapist but we don't have the funds, not even a chance.

It seems like if we could learn to respect each other a bit more and communicate better that would solve about 90% of our problems.

So to answer your question, I cant. No one can. No one knows this situation better than you. I will say though, that you're probably romanticizing these other girls. They're real people too, who have flaws, and things that will piss you off. Be sure to tell all these things to your girl. I will tell you one thing, if you can't honestly discuss your feelings then it is probably time to move. That's a big problem that will always get worse over time.
>>
>>17593796
Speak the truth brotha
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.