[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

PEOPLE LIKE ME IRL, BUT NOT ONLINE

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: 1473598500060.gif (749KB, 470x360px) Image search: [Google]
1473598500060.gif
749KB, 470x360px
So, when I meet people, specially girls IRL I seem to be liked a lot. They laugh at my jokes, they genuinely look interested in what I say and are engaged in the conversation, etc. I have instances where they would initiate physical contact, ask me for my number, or faccebook, and so on. Even give me their number after telling me they have a boyfriend.
The thing is, when I go to talk to them online, or on the phone, they could give less of a fuck. Seriously, be it that I want to hang out as a friend, or go on a date, or fucking whatever, people will not reply to me, they will never agree to go out to do something with me, etc. I end up being left alone. The only moments I can meet people and have fun and enjoy being social is when I see them face to face. After that, poof, the relationship is gone, even if THEY asked me for my contact information.
Any help?
>>
>>17593022
Pretty sure that's the way normal humans ought to be. Telephones are just machines to see if the other person is there and to relay important bits of information. Not to gossip and carry on

https://youtu.be/wIXL8tpKm6g
>>
>>17593034
Mhhh, not sure if I agree. I know that people definetly use online and phone chats and calls to arrange to hang out later and for chit-chatting.
>>
>>17593041
>people definetly use online and phone chats and calls to arrange to hang out later and for chit-chatting.
Yeah. Say hi, make a date to hang out and end it at that. No one is going to be upset because you won't text them all day long.

Then again, you might just be a person who comes off as a good person to socialize with but in reality you're a sperg or something that turns people off.
>>
>>17593054
>Say hi, make a date to hang out and end it at that.

I think I was very clear in the OP. What you are saying "just do X" is exactly what I am doing and is not working.
>>
>>17593090
Then you must be a windowlicker and folks are being nice to you. Post your photo
>>
>>17593105
>windowlicker
>window licker. (derogatory) ~ sl.: euphemism for a person of mentally challenged status. Etymology: C20 - Derived from the stereotyped behaviour of mentally ...

You might be onto something here, but if that is the case, then why do they give me their real number / facebook contact? They could just give me any bullshit, or they could even outright reject me. Furthermore, what about the moments when they ASK ME for my contact info?
>>
>>17593135
Windowlickers pose no threat and people feel bad for them. That's why, lol.

Are you intellectually on par? Then again if you're retarded you're probably oblivious, as half of the people who lurk here.
>>
>>17593154
I am intellectually on par, but my "social intelligence" is subpar, I guess, since I can't get people interested in hanging out with me and having a regular group of friends. Maybe you are right and whenver I feel accepted and that everything is going great IRL the people I am talking with and having a great time with are actually feeling sorry for me.

Thanks for your insight, I never considered that perspective, you have given me some food for thought.
>>
>>17593169
If you have some intelligence, then use your brain to help raise your EQ. Read books about social interaction and watch videos about it. Then go apply what you learned.
>>
>>17593189
Hahaha, you have no idea. I do that on a regular basis.
>>
>>17593205
>I do that on a regular basis.
If you can't help yourself even after trying, then you're probably on the 'tism spectrum
>>
>>17593209
I am, but what I am suppoused to do other than try my best? I can't become someone else magically, so I have to try my best with the current situation that I am in. That is why I was asking for some advice in here.
>>
>>17593217
I just gave you advice and you said you frequently do it with no results. There is nothing else that is going to help you at this point if you can't even do what I just said.
>>
>>17593229
So you suggest I just give up on socializing and trying to have firends/metting girls?

Just keep to myself forever and ever?
>>
>>17593245
You say you attract people enough that they give you their details. Yet when you follow up no one wants anything to do with you. You say you try to enhance your social abilities, and it's still to no avail.

There is something that's not right. There is something you're not sharing with us
>>
>>17593255
>There is something you're not sharing with us

I literally have no idea what is the piece of the puzzle that is missing. I am not hiding something, it is just that I have no idea what is wrong.
>>
File: 1422979752793.jpg (12KB, 254x200px) Image search: [Google]
1422979752793.jpg
12KB, 254x200px
>>17593264
>it is just that I have no idea what is wrong.
>>can't advance EQ even though he says he is 'on par' with everyone else
>>>said he tried reading about how to increase EQ and make social interaction easier, and then says he still can't even thought he's been trying

That's what's wrong
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.