[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My dissertation tutor is too sassy?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: rough-draft.jpg (13KB, 300x225px) Image search: [Google]
rough-draft.jpg
13KB, 300x225px
I sent her an email confirming that I put 1pm on 31st to meet for my project idea.

Her reply was
>'yes, I am aware. Don't message me confirming times the website confirms it, once is enough'

she says things like
>refer to me as Dr
>God help you if you are late
>I hope you have done plenty of reading over summer break

Like she is literally so sassy it just feels awkward, even in person. How do you please a person like this?
>>
>>17592391
>How do you please a person like this?
By kissing their ass.

Actual professionalism is mostly absent in academia.
>>
>>17592391
don't ask retarded unnecessary questions. it's annoying.
>>
>>17592391
Give her the D
>>
She is not your equal in this scenario and if you have problems with authority, you're in for a rough ride. She is a hardass professor, they are common, and you have to bite the bullet if you want to get that degree.

Protip: nobody in the outside world is going to read your dissertation-- only you and the staff/committee involved.
>>
>>17592413
>Protip: nobody in the outside world is going to read your dissertation
that's not true. references to your own dissertation in you later papers are common and so are other papers referencing your dissertation
>>
>>17592391
People in academia are very busy and don't have time to answer these questions that can be answered by paying attention.
>>
>>17592391

She sounds like a bitch.

Just do you work, keep it simple, and don't bug her needlessly.

I remember a few of these glorified TA's in college. The reality is outside campus, most people see her as another barista in waiting. She probably treats students poorly in compensation for her low self esteeem, because her parents only want to talk about her sisters new baby.

do your work
be polite
remember that her attitude stems from the fact that she is yearning for approval and isn't getting it.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.