[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

For the love of god please help me kill these bugs

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 1414385612374.jpg (18KB, 397x304px) Image search: [Google]
1414385612374.jpg
18KB, 397x304px
TL;DR: Anyone ever use a fogger before? Can I use it in one room without having to vacate the whole house? What should I take out of the room before I set it off? Am I going to blow up my whole house if I dont shut off the electric or something?

I'm having an issue with fucking fruitflies. They're infesting my house, but I can't just tent the place because I don't live alone. I've done every DIY trick in the book, and used some chemical sprays. Nothings getting rid of them.
I get why they're in the kitchen, I don't know why they love my room so much. I've completely cleaned it top to bottom, made sure there wasn't so much as a crumb of food, and even fucking removed every piece of furniture to clean. They won't leave. I bought a fogger because I'm desperate, but I have no idea how these things work and the instructions on the box aren't all that helpful. Basically if I have to disrupt the rest of the house's activities (making them leave, shutting off electric, whatever) I can't use it.

I live in a river town in an 80+ year old house, bugs are a given, I'm not the only one having issues with it no matter how clean I keep the house, but I cannot fucking live in the swarm anymore. There's at least ten trying to fuck in my eyeballs at any given point in time. I'm losing my fucking mind, I'm about to just torch the goddamn place and be free from this hell.
I'm begging you adv, someone with more adulting experience please help me. This is my first house, I'm renting it from my dad.
>>
Just clean your place and keep it clean for a while, you can open up your windows too to let fresh air blow trough your place.
They won't stick around for long without a proper food source
>>
>>17592179
>Anyone ever use a fogger before?

Yes

Can I use it in one room without having to vacate the whole house?

It's a bid extreme to use a fogger indoors. I have never seen using it indoors.

What should I take out of the room before I set it off?

Is the fogger loaded with diesel oil or water. In the first case, you'll need to paint the whole room. If it is water, everything will be wet

Am I going to blow up my whole house if I dont shut off the electric or something? Not really.

TL;DR: Using a fogger is a bad idea. Fruit flies are attracted to fruits and other sugar sources. I would put baits with sugar, orange juice and boric acid or imidacloprid.

t. MSc in pest management
>>
>>17592179
Bait em, sonny
>>
>>17592209
>>17592242
This has been going on for months now, I'm doing everything in my power but I can't control the housemates. I mean its not like they're slobs either though, they clean up on a regular basis.
I've been using the apple cider baits and they work well in killing them I guess but fuck there's just still hundreds of them. Idk if they're making it worse though and actually attracting them, should I take them out of my room?

>>17592223
What I bought was one of these https://www.walmart.com/ip/11027606?wmlspartner=wlpa&selectedSellerId=0&adid=22222222227009266028&wl0=&wl1=g&wl2=c&wl3=53408980952&wl4=pla-111812060912&wl5=9023053&wl6=&wl7=&wl8=&wl9=pla&wl10=8175035&wl11=online&wl12=11027606&wl13=&veh=sem
I thought they were meant for indoor use.
Like this isn't just a handful of flies I'm talking about, it's basically infestation level. I'm in way over my head here and need the big guns.
Idk if they'll die off in winter though either.
Like take my word for it when I've ensured there is NOTHING fruit like or sugary (other than the baits) in my room and there's still swarms of them.
>>
Are you sure they're fruit flies and not drain flies?

If you have the species misidentified, you might be going about this completely wrong.
>>
>>17592285
I'm about 99% sure theyre fruit flies, I've killed quite a few and looked at them closely, got that striped butt area that looks just like all the fruit fly pics I've seen. There may be more than one kind though, but I know pretty surely that there are fruit flies present and that's the mass majority of them
>>
>>17592179
we had like hundreds of these fuckers when my family was stocking up on grapes for making wine.

pour cola into plastic cups and place a few of these in various places. place at least one every 2 meters. shelves, tables, top of the drawer, floor, just do it.

they'll fly in the cups for the glorious liquid sugar, but once they in, they'll just drown in it.

killed 99% of them in a week. first few days may be rough, they are dumb as fuck, and gotta learn where the goods are. once the weather gets colder, they won't be back anyway.
>>
>>17592350
oh, and don't waste cola, fill the cups 1/4, they'll drown in it anyway. you can also try wine instead of cola, but they sweeter the liquid is, the better trap it'll become.

i was fucking raging, tried every trick before, like the lemon with cloves in it, nothing worked. this did the job.
>>
Grab your fly swatter and start swinging it around like a tard. Surely you'll get them all eventually.
>>
>>17592284

Either they are not fruit flies or they are coming from the outside.

Check if you have rotting fruits nearby or an orchard that is not being harvested.
There is little point in going all rambo in the inside, if reinfestation will occur from the outside.
Fruit flies have a relatively short life span.

I mean, put a bait and add some insecticide that works by ingestion, like boric acid or imidacloprid.
>>
>>17592179
u have to find the nest and use a flamethrower. do it when no ones home dont pussy out wear a mask and keep a fire hydrant with you
>>
>>17592446
>wear a mask and keep a fire hydrant with you
C-can you draw me a picture?
>>
A one way trap with vinegar or juice inside will bait them all.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.