[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Christian Specific?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: download.jpg (4KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
4KB, 225x225px
Fiance just told me she felt God told her she needed to "Let me go" in life after we've had a stagnated year or two. She feels she isn't doing much in her life, happy with her job, or just progressing as a Christian. Says I'm wonderful and a man of God, but she feels shes holding me back in life from doing even more someday. She was raised Christian her whole life and still says she loves me. Shes just not excited to get married anymore and doesn't want to hold me back.

So we're broken up now, I'm an absolute mess but praying and trying to keep a positive attitude right now. She isn't cheating on me (not the kind of person), still says she loves me, wrote in her journal its the hardest thing she'll have to do for God. I want to wait for her, but that could be years at this point. Any advice?

I know I'm seeing everything through rose colored lens right now, but I can't stop shaking the feeling I was meant to be married to her, grow old and have kids someday.
>>
how old are you two?

what denomination(s)? do you go to church together?

how long was the engagement? did you do any pre-marital counseling at the church?
>>
>>17590805
Sounds like bullshit to me.

She's not happy about something, and is filtering it all through her faith to produce a faith-based reason for breaking up with you.

I'm not saying she's left you for Chad.

For all I know she broke up with you as a form of self-harm... but bottom line is the STATED reason is a load of crap.
>>
>>17590907
> She's not happy about something, and is filtering it all through her faith to produce a faith-based reason for breaking up with you.

This

> For all I know she broke up with you as a form of self-harm

Not this.

Don't wait for her, it's fucking over. You just weren't satisfying her or something about your relationship wasn't working out. also she's saying that stuff about missing you because she does, and she likes you as a person and doesn't want to hurt you, she likes you as a person but not as a lover.

> but I can't stop shaking the feeling I was meant to be married to her, grow old and have kids someday.

The quicker you let go of this the quicker you'll heal. Seriously, stop thinking this garbage because it can haunt you for years if you don't move on. Go find another Christian girl and move on.
>>
>>17590805
There's no god
Give up the fairy tales and find a woman that doesn't believe in that garbage
>>
>>17590805
Sounds like stupid brain washed protestant.

You dodged a bullet
>>
>>17591126
excuse me but how do you know OP's exgf isn't the next joan of arc?
>>
>>17590805
>wrote in her journal
God probably told her to stop dating nosy guys. (unless you're talking about her public blog or something)

Anyway, snarkiness aside. I had a few breakups with people that I really felt like I was meant to be with. Time and experience made my hindsight more clear, and I realised that those feelings came from a place of selfishness and not of love. That might be the case with you. It might not.

Maybe you're not supposed to be with this girl. Maybe you are, but it's not the right time. Regardless, it's still true that some kinds of self-improvement and growth are easier to do alone than in a relationship. If you believe God has a plan for you, then assume that this is part of it. Could be that He's given you an opportunity to take some time off from a relationship and work on yourself. So make use of it.
>>
>>17590805
Do you eat pork...?

You're not keeping the commandments and thus she is leaving you.
I guarantee she also wears pants.

If you want to be a true servant of Christ, do as you are commanded by Him, not your pastor.

I guarantee you are both apostate.
(I'm not a troll)
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.