[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Law Enfocement

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: image.jpg (50KB, 978x400px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
50KB, 978x400px
I tried to be a police officer.
>doing undergraduate for possible J.D.
>one day say fuck it and apply for the local county police department.
>physical agility was a joke and smoked it.
>passed aptitude test easily.
Backgrounds
>relatively clean besides tickets I had recieved in school for dipping, and ditching.
>background investigator calls me in for meeting.
>go over background packet in it's entirety.
>I remained transparent with my background investigator.
>background investigator tosses a ream of paper on the desk.
>asks me to write a biography of my life from the time I was born until now.
>this takes me about four hours
>takes my biography and tells me to go home
A week passes
>time for you to do your polygraph anon.
>admit to everything that is congruent with my background packet.
Polygraph administer says I'm lying about how many times I smoke marijuana.
>say I am telling the truth.
Background investigator calls me, and tells me that I failed the polygraph. He said the polygraph person emphasized the question about how many times I had smoked marijuana.
Background investigator says I am the perfect candidate and that he set up another polygraph appointment.
>okay go to appointment
>same result

I fail backgrounds because of polygraph test. My question is- do law enforcement agencies wash people out of the program in the polygraph because they don't like them for some arbitrary reason? Is the polygraph just a tool to discriminate applicants, based on an investigator's bias?
>>
>>17590795
Ughh, fucking polygraphs. Cant believe its still a thing even when the inventor said its just a toy. Its hard to say if they're subtly trying to discriminate you.

How was your past with marijuana?
>>
>>17590832
I know right? I just think it is a vetting tool that they use for applicants they deem "just not right."
I smoked marijuana 6 times between the age of 15 and 18. The ploygraph examiner told me "The machine is showing a reaction to those questions." "Your generation is known for smoking a lot of marijuana- I would believe the 65 year old man next door, but not you." While I didn't say anything, I found that comment odd because generationally I would say marijuana was more popular in the adolescence of that age group. Interesting process that I don't think I'll go through ever again.
>>
>>17590795
No wonder cops are all a bunch of dick bags nowadays. Anyone who has never smoked pot is a tight ass grumpy butt, and everyone who did and made it is a spectacular liar.
Reminds me of an article I saw,about how the FBI can't find any really good computer guys to hire because they all smoke pot.
They're shooting themselves in the foot. OP sounds like a stand up guy who is being honest about being a normal teenager. But everyone should know, that in any kind of government job, honesty is a one way ticket to ass-rape station.
>>
>>17590977
Word op. They cant risk alienating new recruits over small amounts of marijuana use. Less qualified people are becoming cops due to how fukd their situation is and are completely shooting themselves on the foot.

1/4 americans are obese, and others have tried drugs, have felonies, not interested in being officers, etc.

Thats fucking dumb.

How is your situation now, since these old farts complained about you failing the second polygrapth?
>>
>>17590795
>investigator's bias

It runs deeper than that, perhaps you were fidgety when you were being tested?
>>
>>17590795
>Background investigator says I am the perfect candidate and that he set up another polygraph appointment.
>still failed

Tester don't trust you at all, you're not the type of guy he could work with.
>>
>>17590832
>Its hard to say if they're subtly trying to discriminate you.

You had to ask...
>>
>>17590795
I can't even remember such facts and the guy adminersting the test is supposed ot be aware of these kind of nuances.

Smoking weed isn't that big of a deal for everyone. Some people may actually not remember and thus fail the test. That question should be worth a lot less in comparison to the "have you committed any violent crimes" type of questions or what have you.

With that said, but the police.
>>
>>17591184
Seems like it didn't occur to you yet:

Weed=illegal

He didn't want to hear the answer you gave him, plain and simple.
>>
>>17591184
>Some people may actually not remember and thus fail the test.
this, plus I would think anybody would be nervous about a bunch of cops asking them questions about marijuana. you could be completely honest and still be jumpy about it and give a false positive on that specific question because of the subject matter.

then again, they have no way of knowing that. all they know is they asked you about weed and it set off the polygraph. so for all they know you could be lying.

maybe wait a year or two and apply at a different police department. or make friends with someone who's a cop and see if they can suggest anything. it'd do you good to have a cop friend or two anyway, they can help you get a head start on learning some of the shit that cops need to know but that doesn't get taught in school. (idk what that would be but every profession has shit like that, police work probably has tons of it)
>>
>>17591200
You do realize LE use full discretion which one another? They're looking for the ability to be honest.

You're talking about people who protect each other over huge fuckups. They're not fishing to nail you because you admit to smoking weed in 9th grade.
>>
>>17590795
Holy shit polygraphs actually get used?
There is no evidence at all to support them actually working. Is there some way to report them for retardation and fraudulence in general?
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.