[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alright so due to mostly self-imposed circumstances, I didn't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 1474161500889.jpg (36KB, 618x311px) Image search: [Google]
1474161500889.jpg
36KB, 618x311px
Alright so due to mostly self-imposed circumstances, I didn't receive any Financial Aid for this school year, which so happens to be the first year that I'm attending an actual school since I'm freshly transferring out of a community college. As it stands I estimate a year's worth of tuition (and parking and textbooks) would cost me roughly $7600-7800 per year (~2550/quarter). I work a part time retail job that makes a little over minimum wage (calicuck if that makes a difference) that I'm quite fond of, though I'd guess I make something along the lines of maybe 10-12k per year after taxes at most. Would it be feasible for me to be able to pay my tuition basically on my own?

At best my family would be able to take care of ~$2k from this cumulatively but they tell me I should just take out a loan so that I don't have to use my money on this. I really don't want to take out a loan since the idea of repaying that for 15 years is appalling to me. Apart from that, my work and school is somewhat far and my car isn't the most fuel efficient so gas is a regular purchase for me. With that in mind, with my finances is it possible to go about paying this year without taking out a loan?

I have secondary sources of income but at best they'd get me another $2000 spread very unevenly though. I'm also sitting on about $2000 right now, considering I just paid 1/3 of my first quarter ($782) and a parking permit ($130). Since I'll be working less hours due to school, my paychecks will probably fall around $270-400 each time so I feel like I'd be essentially pouring all my money onto my tuition.

Is my idea of paying for most of my schooling a realistic one?
>>
Haven't read it properly, but I'm getting a 'I need money for school, what do I do' vibe. You need to take time off, work and save up.
>>
>>17590535
>>17590535
>>17590535

Take out loans

This is the only correct answer, assuming you're studying something worthwhile like CS
>>
No, you're being stupid. You're not making enough money to pay for school. First of all, please tell me you're studying something worthwhile. If so then you'll make enough money after school so that student loans won't be a huge issue. If you're studying something stupid then just stop altogether. You're gonna have to save literally everything you make and spend basically nothing and still barely make it.
>>
If you must, consider taking out federal loans to help cover part of the expenses of your undergrad education. Only take out what you know you can pay back. Of course, paying for your tuition with your own money has its own benefits. If you can do so, good for you.

Also, to note, there are generally two repayment plans: a 10 year repayment plan or 25 year... each having a minimum amount to be paid monthly. If not paid on time... your credit score will go down and... if not paid for 270 days straights, you default on your loans... of course during any time you do have the option to refinance your loans.. Last thing to note, after completing your undergrad education there is a 6 month grace period before you must pay back your loans.. you can defer on your loans by going back to community college if you plan to study for a standardized test for graduate school or something like that.

If you feel uncertain about your ability to pay back a loan amount of let's say 15k to 16k... then consider looking for scholarships, help from relatives etc.

Imho I think most people would just say to take out federal loans. Just don't spend too long at uni...and don't take out like 40k for a major that you know won't be able to easily pay back a significantly large loan amount... also consider if you decided to go to graduate school... if you decided on law school or even medical school the total cost of undergrad and grad could easily be 120k to 400k...

just something to consider.

GOOD LUCK.
>>
Take out the loan. With a wise choice of career, you can pay it back.

With a good GPA and related work experience, you can go abut anywhere.

An internship or coop at a company you like or lsimilar to a company you like will get you there.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.