[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Friends

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 1462010317988.jpg (42KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
1462010317988.jpg
42KB, 500x375px
I'm in college now, but I don't feel like I can make any friends.
Or rather, I don't feel like any friendships I make are genuine.
And I don't know what to do.

I could blame others in that if I do try to make it a genuine relationship, they often prove not to be friendship material.

And I could say that I don't deserve any good friends. Maybe I'm off putting.

And I may be overlooking other people when I'm looking for a genuine friend.

I guess I just want someone that I can talk to and I don't have to mince words or something.

Maybe it's a part of life to realize that true friendships aren't a thing. No one wants to hear what you have to say.

But I still have this imperative to talk to others - but if what /adv/ says reinforces that I can't trust anyone, I'll be content with solitude.

I just want some advice.
>>
I feel your pain anon. I've had the same issue. Even when I found someone with the same interests I couldn't really get that deeper connection.

I've come to realize that your just can't rely on others 100% of the time. They are almost always just temporary distractions made to help you forget your faults.

My only advise is to try and get yourself into a small circle of friends. That way if one lets you down there is always another to fall back on. Just make sure you don't get excluded from the group and left behind. That's a really shitty feeling.
>>
>>17590213
>to try and get yourself into a small circle of friends
this is one of the things I was looking for but I still can't find one person, let alone a whole group.

And if I have to act aloof among this circle, it's no different than acting aloof with everyone else.

I have a 'group' with my roommates but they gossip, are loud and it as if I'm in middle school again.
Maybe I'm approaching the situation wrong.
I don't want to sound arrogant about that. I just know those that gossip often gossip about you. And they don't have much for you other acting as
>temporary distractions
which I completely agree with you on. I was just wondering whether I should still try, even though my hopes are dim.

Thanks for advice
>>
anyone should be considered lucky to have even a couple of good friends by the time that they are old
>>
Genuine people will avoid fake people, so fake people end up in groups where they just bitch behind each others back.

Of course genuine friends exist, don't you even vaguely know anybody? Friendships aren't born out of neediness though.
>>
>>17590260
I understand that friends shouldn't be kindle out of a need, but out of a mutual benefit.

Under this definition of friend: I've never had a mutually beneficial relationship. I don't know if I'm expecting too much from people because of that.

Sometimes I appreciate the situation presented, for it forces me to focus on myself.

The people that I find even genuine I'm afraid of saying any more, for I do not want to tarnish what seems to be a untainted friendship.

I don't know what is acceptable to say to others anymore. I may as well be another phony person

>>17590253

I've heard that quote before.
To have even one genuine friend through out a lifetime is considered luck.
I guess I fell for the whole "more true friends are in college."
>>
Gonna tell you something that took me 6 months into college to learn.
No one who you befriend will actually be your friend
I envy the lucky people who find true friends in college because that is the hardest task. You seem like a really friendly guy, so let me tell you this. Dont. Trust. Anyone. Ive been fucked over so many times, until you find those true people who actually dont have an agenda then just keep looking out for yourself. Fuck all those kids who all decided to go to the same college and wont let you in their clique of friends, you probably have friends from HS so keep in contact for support and try getting laid some more, its a huge confidence booster
>>
>>17590536
a woman is the last thing on my mind

I just want a genuine connection but I'll take your advice.

Maybe this desire is just a manifestation of my dissatisfaction with myself.

Sometimes I sit in bed and feel my body, but it's as if it's not mine, for I haven't done anything with it other than abuse it.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.