[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Looking to become an EMT with my Local Volunteer FD. Is there

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

File: file.png (148KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
148KB, 300x300px
Looking to become an EMT with my Local Volunteer FD.

Is there anything I should know? I plan on requesting a ride along with the department sometime this week or next.
>>
Don't do it for pay.
Get ready to hit the books.
Most of the times you aren't saving anyone.
Hope you like gore

All said, go for it. It's a great thing to do
>>
>>17589995
>Don't do it for pay.
Money is always last thing one my mind

>Get ready to hit the books.
I'm sure I could manage. My friend is doing EMT training, College and working 2 jobs currently. If she could do it, I'm sure I could do it with a lesser workload

>Most of the times you aren't saving anyone.
Yep. I know.

>Hope you like gore
Does not phase me.

(My district only get's ~5 call outs of any type daily. That's Fire and EMS combined)
>>
A career as an EMT considered as a midlife crisis proof career?
>>
>>17590269
What?
>>
>>17589995
Pretty much this.

Just do your reading. It feels like a lot, and you might find yourself feeling overwhelmed when you mess up on some of the practical skills, but by the end of the class you'll be well equipped for the job even if you don't feel like it.

The tests are the hardest part, and even they aren't /that/ tough, they're just tricky as hell.
>>
>>17590846
Thanks.

At least I have a friend in the process right now, incase I need to ask her for some help on some stuff
>>
Application is finished. (Just left out date of App, and SSN) I'll fill that out right before I drop it off
>>
Fire Department has more applicants than major league sports most times. Be the best and keep your record clean. EXPUNGE if necessary.

"You call, we haul, that's all"

BLS is glorified first aid
ALS hardly exists unless you're going for Paramedic
Paramedics are tired people.

BSI is the scene safe?? Everytime. EVERYTIME.

You'll probably watch Final Destination, and it will be more interesting bc those movies are shit.

Did you have any specific questions??
>>
remember to control C spine.
>>
>>17591942
>Fire Department has more applicants than major league sports most times. Be the best and keep your record clean. EXPUNGE if necessary.

Coverage area of the department is ~15 sq Miles. Maybe 50k population?

My record is squeaky clean. Not even a speeding ticket.

>"You call, we haul, that's all"
Basically

>BLS is glorified first aid
>ALS hardly exists unless you're going for Paramedic
>Paramedics are tired people.
Yep I know.

>BSI is the scene safe?? Everytime. EVERYTIME.
I would think that's common sense?

>Did you have any specific questions??
Not really, I am sure that if I did, I could go to my friend who's in the process one town over.

>>17591948
Again, kinda common sense if you are halfway knowledgeable about this stuff.
>>
>>17592134
Common sense yes, but they will literally fail you on the spot if you don't say it before starting any practical test.
>>
>>17592158
And rightfully so. It needs to be hammered into your head.
>>
>>17589940

Was an EMT for years. EMS is a dead end, low paying job. Go to community college for RN and have a great job for the rest of your life. Also, RNs can usually test out and work as paramedics if you want to.
>>
>>17592172
I'm going to school to be an RN (My friend who's in the process to join her deparment as well is a RN student),

I was gonna join my Volunteer Department aswell (Until I'm out of school atleast, which is a good 3 years or so.)
>>
>>17589940

hope you like human juices
>>
>>17592177
Don't mind them, obviously.
>>
What do you want from this you know it all?? Go fuck your friend and talk about how cool it is to go to a 3 month training course if you're going to constantly defer to that.
>>
>>17592239
Al I am saying is that my friend kinda gave me the push to finally commit to doing this. It's not like its something I suddenly decided to do just because she is. That is all.
>>
>>17592246

That's nice, what advice do you want?
>>
>>17592266
Just asking if there is anything I really need to know before I do this.

Like would a CPR cert be required prior to the EMT-B course? Or would you be certified during the EMT-B course
>>
>>17592273
Literally anyone can take an EMT-BSL course, the only requirement is the $400 fee because EMS is a body factory.

I thought you knew, common sense buddy.

But really here's some advice, you seem like an asshole and very few people if any will praise you for entering this field and you will be under compensated. You need humility to succeed in your calling, it's not a job.
>>
>>17592328
What makes you think I'm an asshole? I just type like one at times. In reality, I am not

And I was seeing that depending on local procedure, it may be required to already poses a CPR Cert prior to beginning the EMT B course. So I don't have a clear answer on that
>>
File: 1469650496996.jpg (413KB, 1242x1343px) Image search: [Google]
1469650496996.jpg
413KB, 1242x1343px
>>17592334
I think you're an asshole because of your communication skills and when you fall off your high horse and quit because your friend still doesn't want to be your gf I'd have a laugh.

If you want to know about local procedure maybe post your location?? Or ask the your chief on your ride along?? You're being an asshole.
>>
>>17592384

I've been planning on doing it for years, she's just kinda the final push to do it. We are in the same fucking major. Nursing. So it's not like I'm doing it to impress her.

And I plan on doing a ride along and all that stuff. Just haven't gotten down therr yet to request one.

Also I'm being an add hole? Your the one assuming I'm doing just to be with her. And that is my only reason
>>
>>17592400
As an EMT you must be able to keep your cool when you're frustrated or under pressure, you're not doing great considering an internet troll is rustling your jimmies. Be deliberate and accurate 'add hole'. EMT BSL is weak shit bruh, you'd be better off sticking with Nursing, dropping down to CNA, or switching to Fire Science/Paramedicine if you're deadly serious about it.

Need any more advice??
>>
>>17592419
I did know that you were a troll. I just like screwing with them. My responses to a troll are not reprentative of my actual personality
>>
>>17592190
good
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.