[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

UC Berkeley Application

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_2303.png (173KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2303.png
173KB, 512x512px
Is it reasonably possible for me to be accepted into the undergraduate BSCS program with good community college grades and SAT/ACT scores alone?

I didn't finish college (at a different school) but got a job writing code for 3 years but I want to actually finish my degree at Berkeley.

My grades in high school were mediocre and my last couple of semesters at college were weak because I went through the depression that 99% of everyone goes through when they're unsure if their major is right for them. I have already worked for 3 years as a programmer and feel reasonably confident that CS is the path I want to stick with.

I basically have half of an undergraduate CS degree, I have the option of taking CC for about a year and haven't yet taken an SAT or ACT. Would solid scores in my CC courses and SAT/ACT be enough to get me accepted or are there other resources I'm unaware of which would help me get accepted?

Only asking so I set realistic expectations for myself. Thanks in advance!

Misc details:
- I am a white male
- I have not completed my associates (if I complete, will this significantly help me?)
>>
File: IMG_2304.png (110KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2304.png
110KB, 640x1136px
As of this post, the rate of acceptance for transfer students in 2016 was 24.2% at UC Berkeley.
>>
/r/berkeley

now fuck off
>>
>>17589925
I don't have enough comment karma to post there.
>>
Shameless self bump.
>>
Bamp.
>>
>>17589919

*I transferred to UCB into an impacted major with a 3.7 GPA. I didn't graduate High School, but I got 2 associates in CC and filled out most of my major pre-reqs. I'm also a gay minority though soooo......*

You don't need SAT/ACT scores, but if they're good I'm sure that'd help. I never used these scores on my application.

The job experience will help as well. It's probably your biggest selling point.

High School is irrelevant, it won't even be considered and you don't have to include it on your application.

Completing your associates will help. When you're transferring in they want to see that your units are focused for what you're applying.

Use Assist.org/the department website to look up your CC and see what transfers and what your pre-requisites are.

When you're explaining your last semesters at the other college make sure to turn it into a story about personal growth.

IMO getting accepted is going to be based on your general ed completion and how many pre-requisites you've completed + GPA. The job can be sold as an extra curricular.
>>
>>17590678
This is a fantastic post and I wish I could thank you more. Makes me feel more hopeful that I can actually get my degree at UCB.

The associate offered to me is germane to my major (A.S. Mathematics for BS in Comp Sci). I plan on taking all of the Math/Physics I can take at the CC level.
>>
>>17590709

go bears
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.