[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Crashing a Baby Shower

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 4

File: image.jpg (213KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
213KB, 640x480px
S has been my friend for more than 15 years. Every once in a while we fight over something, don't talk for a month, and then things go back to normal. I helped with her wedding last month, and agreed to have her baby shower at my home.

4 weeks ago she gave me some tickets for a concert she didn't want to go to, watched my kids, and for a few days after that we texted about baby names. Since then it's been radio silence. She won't answer my calls or texts. I posted on FB talking about how she never picks up when my daughter tries to FaceTime her, and she posted that that was my fault.

The ONLY thing I can think of is that she was hiding her pregnancy from certain people. I knew, her family knew, and a select group of other friends knew. A mutual friend of ours came over for dinner, and in the middle of talking about OTHER people being pregnant, and S' unlikely wedding we kind of ended up talking about it without either of us knowing. I thought he was talking about her being pregnant, and at the same time we were both like "wait, what are we talking about.?"
I asked him, and got the impression that she was onto him knowing, and so she just told him.

I have not received an invite to the baby shower. Another mutual friend of ours lives very near me and offered for us to go together, and I accepted. I told S' sister J that I was coming whether I was invited or not, but have been to nervous to formally RSVP since the invites went out.

I figured I would go, and it would be awkward, but by the end everything would be fine, since it always in, but my husband thinks I should just forget about it, and that she might cause a scene. She is a very passive person, but "she's pregnant, who knows what she will do."

This is my friend. I love her, and I am excited for her baby. I am also pissed that she won't even fucking talk to me. What would you guys do? My insides are in knots.
>>
File: image.jpg (211KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
211KB, 640x480px
Guys, this is really upsetting me. I reply to a lot of threads on this board, could you help me out?
>>
File: image.jpg (214KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
214KB, 640x480px
One last bump of desperation. Seriously, guys.
More of my one year olds photographic art
>>
>>17589758
Dammit OP I thought that image was some kind of cool fluid dynamics simulation, not just some random guy with a weird color filter on an unflattering photo of himself.
>>
>>17589897
It's a baby. A baby took these photos.
>>
>>17589758
Also, to be entirely honest, I cannot follow the level of intricacy here over such petty nonsense. The answer is talk to your friend. If you can't talk to her, then cool, she's not actually your friend. Either way, you get an answer. Talking behind each other's backs and wondering and scheming and worrying is just plain stupid and bitchy. I hope you don't act like this with your husband as well. Talk.
>>
File: image.jpg (214KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
214KB, 640x480px
>>17589907
No one is scheming. I wasn't talking about her behind her back. My friend and I were just talking about getting older, I have two pregnant sisters and a bunch of pregnant friends, we were just talking about life.
I have been trying to talk to her. I text her every day, actually random shit, trying to get a laugh.

She isn't bitchy, she's just super passive. She always lets shit go and ignores stuff until she is absolutely pissed off and then she loses it. If I have a problem I come right out with it, so I guess that's why once every year or two we really clash, or when we are traveling together

I don't know why she was so adamant about keeping her pregnancy a secret from certain random people, but I just think if she knew it was an accident, maybe she wouldn't be so mad.

Then again, she could be pissed about something entirely different, although I couldn't imagine what.

And my husband and I talk about literally everything, except time travel, we can't talk about that anymore. It gets too heated.
>>
You go to her place and see her in person before the shower. Bring a gift if you want and make up with her. Since youre her friend then you must know what she has been craving, so get her that. Even say sorry and mean it. She's pregnant for Christ's sake, so act like a friend and see her before the shower. Dont just show up to the shower, thats rude. Also, bring a good gift to the shower. Like a nice soft blanket for baby.
>>
>>17589928
You know, it's so simple, I hadn't thought of it. She lives about an hour and a half away, and she is a very busy person, but I think with a little recon I could figure out when she will be home.
I was considering calling her husband, but he is more soft spoken than she is.
I think that's a good idea. I will go see her and bring food!
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.