[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Grandpa died and (having helped him a fair bit over the lats

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 1425249983214.jpg (176KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1425249983214.jpg
176KB, 1920x1200px
Grandpa died and (having helped him a fair bit over the lats several years) I am helping sort things out with paperwork.

Will basically says my asshole sister is the Executor, if she dies[blank] subject to the proviso that If I hit 21 its me. I am 30.

I think that means I would be the Executor, but the weird ass gap ( if shes dead,{should be more shit here} subject to the provisio that I hit 21)

That weird ass gap has me uncertain, the lawyer is saying it means sister should be running shit. But the wording seems weird as shit and incomplete.

Should I call BS on this? Can I call bullshit on this?

I am in canada.
>>
Your wording also just as shit, hit 21 what? 21 years of age? You or your sister? What?
>>
>>17589426
Ghe will was obviously made while you were still a minor, so she is the executor. All wills have an IF clause - if she dies before him, someone is named as back-up executor. That obviously didn't happen, so she's the executor and your backup isn't needed. Her assholery is irrelevant. You have no basis to fight the will.
>>
>>17589426
Talk to a different lawyer, one who has never met your sister.
>>
>>17589566

It says that if she is dead or unable to fulfill the role of Executor/truste, Subject to the Provisio that if I turn 21 years of age then I am nominated and so on as Executor and Trustee of the will in her place
>>
>>17589688
Sorry, on shitty phone on bus.

Continued:

It starts talking about if she is dead then mentioned the bit about me.

It then ends without clearing up what happens if she dies or cant do the job.
>>
>>17589688

I'm sorry for your loss. But you're probably out of luck. She was named as executor. You only come in if she dies or is incapacitated, and then only if you've hit 21 (which you have).

The one thing you might be able to do is petition to search for an updated version. That will was obviously made before you turned 21, and probably well before, so it's at least nine years old. It may have been updated in that time, and if so, who knows what an updated version might say?

But if that really IS the newest will, then you've got no other leg to stand on.
>>
>>17589745
So what is Subject to the Provisio supposed to mean?

The bit where it goes "if she dies, Subject to the Provisio" is confusing the hell out of me.

It looks really incomplete.
>>
>>17589760
If she dies or is incapacitated, then as long as you've already hit 21 by that time, you become the executor. Legalese is strange.

I am not qualified to give legal advice. No one is, here. Take everything we say with a grain of salt, and check with a real lawyer if you feel the need. But I'm afraid it doesn't look good for you.
>>
>>17589862
I get it but what can I do about it now. innocence isn't taken with a grain of salt even if its a innocent interaction .-.
>>
>>17589866
The fuck are you?

I started this thread.

Dont you fucking dare imply I would use that emoticon bullshit.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.