[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How does one stop feeling empty

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 1474119950866.jpg (39KB, 306x306px) Image search: [Google]
1474119950866.jpg
39KB, 306x306px
I had motivation to do things but then it started feeling worthless. I mean what am I doing this for? I could keep fighting and balancing learning and physical activities and trying to get a gf, etc. but whats the big deal? What am I doing this for. Everything feels so weird. Life itself. I've been trying to improve but It feels like I dont have a purpose, I am 18 and graduating soon and I don't know where to go.
>>
All we can do is press forward, emptiness or no.

Somewhere along the way you might find something that fills that void, you might not find such a thing also and that is fine.

From my standpoint of things I think you just have to get over associating emptiness with negativity.

That is just my standpoint though, the point of life is something that has been studied and argued about more than could ever be conveyed in a lifetime, and I'm sure you may be able to find solace in reading some such works. Particularly I might recommend looking up the concept of "absurdism".
>>
>>17588403
I'm exactly in the same position, I was about to start a thread similar to yours. 2 years ago, I wanted to become a comedian/actor/writer/allthiscrazyshit while also being quite decent at school.I was so enthusiastic about my future but now it's all gone. Doing poorly in school, no motivation whatsoever to watch tv series and movies like I used to do before(those were my main hobbies back then), can't enjoy any vidya, gradually getting out of shape, stopped caring for relationships and besides all of these, my friends became people I hang out with in order to feel less lonely. I don't really care about them and rarely does it happen to have fun with them. My parents are mad at me because I don't want to have a regular job nor to study something that actually requires putting effort into it and we basically argue everyday on this subject. Im not even depressed at this point, I just feel empty. Couldn't care less whether or not my life improves or not. What would /adv/ do if you guys were in my place?
>>
“I saw my life branching out before me like the green fig tree in the story. From the tip of every branch, like a fat purple fig, a wonderful future beckoned and winked. One fig was a husband and a happy home and children, and another fig was a famous poet and another fig was a brilliant professor, and another fig was Ee Gee, the amazing editor, and another fig was Europe and Africa and South America, and another fig was Constantin and Socrates and Attila and a pack of other lovers with queer names and offbeat professions, and another fig was an Olympic lady crew champion, and beyond and above these figs were many more figs I couldn't quite make out. I saw myself sitting in the crotch of this fig tree, starving to death, just because I couldn't make up my mind which of the figs I would choose. I wanted each and every one of them, but choosing one meant losing all the rest, and, as I sat there, unable to decide, the figs began to wrinkle and go black, and, one by one, they plopped to the ground at my feet.”

-Sylvia Plath
>>
>>17588482
Forgot to say something relevant. I started to smoke weed daily this summer holiday. It was fun for the most part but lately it only made my emptiness or the negative outlook on life stronger. I guess I should start by giving up on weed firstly.
>>
>>17588403
There are only two reasons for doing anything.

1. It gives you pleasure (satisfaction/joy/self-worth/whatever).

2. It is a step you have to take to get to pleasure. (School might not be fun, but if it gets you to a good life, it's worth it)

Look at the crap in your life. Is it a paying-in-advance for future rewards? Keep them in mind as you slog through.
>>
>>17588482
>>17588526
Man I guess you just need to find a passion. I know the empty feeling but you must not be satisfied with sitting around. If I were you I would try and find something, maybe get a counselor to help me out. Or look online for things to pinpoint what would be something good for you to pursue.
>>
>>17588491
That is something that could very well happen to me
>>
>>17588526
As for the weed yeah if you get addicted it ain't too good, maybe take baby steps and smoke a little less every week until it is cut out, only completely if you want, might be good for saving money
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.