[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Taking a year out

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: suicide.gif (2MB, 540x297px) Image search: [Google]
suicide.gif
2MB, 540x297px
So I am in my final fourth year of college and I do not want to be here anymore, I am so tired and sick of this shit I want to drop out.
But I am not crazy enough to do so.
I am considering taking a year out and working for until next september when I will start fourth year again.

I am just wondering if this is a good idea or not, I think working a few shit jobs might give me the motivation I need but I am worried ill end up never going back.

Any advice or experience anyone is willing to share about this?
>>
>>17588229

Gut it out. Life's not always about what you want. Get it done with and then you can move on.
>>
If you've only got a year left, just fucking power through there's no point in taking a break and you'll be more likely to just never go back and finish. You can and probably will work some shit jobs right after graduation anyway while looking for something in your field.
>>
>>17588229
Professor writing here

Statistically, the odds are that if you drop out you won't come back. Of course you might be in the minority that do.

If you do take a year off, don't just disappear. Arrange with your dean to take a furlough or whatever it's called there, that will guarantee you admission back in.

But really, you're best off if you take a few days off right now to relax and get out of your blue funk of the moment, and then just get through the last year.
>>
>>17588229
Just tough it out dumbass. It's your last year.
>>
>>17588264
>>17588270
I felt like this last year and I got shit results, I do not want to jeopardize my final year with terrible grades because I feel like shit.
>>
>>17588406
By taking a year out I mean defer, I will pay for the year but do it another time.
I have a level 6 and level 7 degree at the minute, I could only see myself not finishing my final year and get a level 8 is if I got a really good job.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.