[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My friend was raped

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 2

My friend was raped on a college campus. She was a student there, still is. According to her the university did very little to help her after the incident. The university didn't cover her hospital bills. I feel awful about what happened to her, but I have no idea what I should do to help her. The rape happened a year ago, but it's still a burden on her heart. Anyone out there able to offer any sound advice? Would be greatly appreciated.
>>
>>17588138
I bet you 100$ shes exaggerating.

Give more details on the "rape"
>>
>>17588161
This.
Because any real fucking rape victim would have never even contacted the school about it herself, she would have gone to actual fucking police like any rational human being and sued the school later.

Should have lawyered up and had her lawyer fucking speak to the school.
>>
As far as I can gleam, she was with guy, guy wanted sex, she said no, guy was forceful, attempted to penetrate her, failed. Campus police respond, guy is jailed. That's as much as I know, and mostly assumptions.

With her being poor and more or less homeless (home life is shit and parent relationship nonexistent), I'm not sure if she knew to do this, or if it was an option at the time due to the emotional impact of the ordeal
>>
>>17588138
>According to her the university did very little to help her after the incident. The university didn't cover her hospital bills. I feel awful about what happened to her, but I have no idea what I should do to help her. The rape happened a year ago, but it's still a burden on her heart. Anyone out there able to offer any sound advice? Would be greatly appreciated.
The university has no obligation to pay for anything, so her complaining about them is irrelevant, they would only know if she went to the police who then informed them. She should go to the police about it, which I'm assuming she did.

In the future avoiding situations where you are at risk helps, a bit like how you wouldn't walk everywhere flashing the cash in your wallet, you shouldn't get blackout drunk, do drugs or go out on your own if you are incapable of looking after yourself.

The problem with today's society is that because of feminism etc we have stuff like this happen >>17588161
>I bet you 100$ shes exaggerating.
>Give more details on the "rape"
While we shouldn't doubt if someone was actually raped, because of liars, we do for some reason question if it was rape or sexual assault.

tl;dr you can't help, you aren't qualified to, your dick isn't magic and won't stop her from flinching from intimate contact, you can't talk confidence into her, you can't magically make her better, encouraging her to attend real support groups or see a therapist is her best bet.
>>
>>17588138
while I'm sympathetic to your friend, unless the university doesn't provide security or they knew this guy was a rapist and all women are at risk they are not responsible for her rape. Or if the university covered up and protected the guy which does happen, usually when the rapist is an athlete or well conntected. She went out with the guy, the university didn't force her and the campus police responded and jailed him.
>>
>>17588138
She asked for the wrong thing. The university had no obligation to pay her hospital bills, unless they have a health insurance plan for students.

They ARE obligated to take her seriously, to investigate, to call in the police (and not try to hush it up), to punish the wrongdoer and to point her toward what counselling and support systems exist on campus.
>>
>>17588168
you guys are actual fucking idiots
i hope you never have to deal with one of your friends getting raped, christ, go back to pol with your redpill shit
>>
>>17588496
Fuck up, faggot or bitch.

My gf claimed to me she was raped in college, cried on the phone for an hour and telling me the whole situation, me believing it and feeling really sorry and angry.

When she went back to college, she said she connected with her "rapist" and just small talked. If she was really raped, bitch wouldn't have said hi, much less small talk. I was just dumbfounded over how contradictory it all was
>>
>>17588187
Plus, This isn't even rape. Penetration didnt occur. Ya retard!

Shes taking you for a ride
>>
>>17588496
>i hope you never have to deal with one of your friends getting raped

All my friends are guys

only females I'm in contact with are only around either because they're family members or they want to fuck

very rarely have I ever met a girl who genuinely wanted a friend, and not a risk-free discount boyfriend

and its because of this I believe your friend was not actually raped, and I am more likely to believe she is crying wolf to spite him for spurning her

tl;dr

Prove you actually know the full situation and aren't just acting on pure emotion
>>
>>17588496
Statistically, college campuses are the safest places for young women. Combined with regret sex being considered rape by millenials nowadays, your friend has a higher chance of being a liar than a rape victim. Stop whiteknighting in real life
>>
>>17588189
Or a false accusation. Girls do this and it fucking ruins a guys reputation, sometimes it starts off as a small lie but escalates.
>>
>>17588138
should beat up the person and fuck him in the ass, if not, you're a cuck.
>>
>>17588561

>I have no close friendships with women
>I make no attempt to get to know women as individuals
>I have no idea what I'm talking about
>its because of this I believe your friend was not actually raped, and I am more likely to believe she is crying wolf to spite him for spurning her

If the case goes to trial, the rapist's defense team could really use your expert testimony
>>
>>17588775
tbf, you havent really given us the full story. your friend is probs telling the truth but you know how people hate women here, best telling them the full story of they are going to think your friend is lying.
>>
File: IMG_1747.jpg (85KB, 768x929px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1747.jpg
85KB, 768x929px
>>17588138
>My friend was raped on a college campus. She was a student there, still is.
Okay
>According to her the university did very little to help her after the incident.
Did she ask for help?
>The university didn't cover her hospital bills.
Why would they lol. that's not their issue at all. get some health insurance.
>I feel awful about what happened to her, but I have no idea what I should do to help her. The rape happened a year ago, but it's still a burden on her heart.
Then she needs some actual mental health. Not from 4chan
>>
My ex gf had a rape trauma, or at least pretended to have one since she was BPD.Time heals such things on it's own, she just have to be open it and ready to speak about it when she feels like she needs to instead of repressing it, I think it's her that she should take care from now on to not use rape trauma as an excuse to behaving like shit and treating other as shit.
>>
>>17588138
>The university didn't cover her hospital bills.
Why should they?
>>
>>17588187
He didn't even rape her
>>
Why the fuck should the school do anything about a rape
The school shouldn't even expel the person let alone do anything
Go to the police like a normal person rapists should go to jail not get expelled from school
>>
>>17588138
In what shit hole banana republic do you end up with hospital bills after a rape??
>>
>>17588788
>girl wasnt penetrated, aka not raped
>this dickhead thinks she might be telling the truth

Grade A feminist cuck here
>>
>>17589230
America, the same place where it costs $1,000 to have a 10 minute conversation with a doctor.
>>
>>17588788
>but you know how people hate liars here
ftfy
>>
>>17588496
i advice you stop being a stupid cunt and get better friends. she should of gone to the police
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.