[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Interviewing People for Jobs

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 1473441180577.png (32KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
1473441180577.png
32KB, 657x527px
I have to find an executive assistant for my boss. I've got some interviews with candidates setup for this week, but I've never interviewed anyone before. What should I ask?
>>
>>17588046
Questions that you can record the answers for.
>Tell me about a time you recovered from everything going to shit
>Tell me about a time you went above and beyond in your job
>Tell me about a time you worked well in a team
>Tell me why you want to apply for this company/position
After those you can throw in a few role specific questions regarding experience etc.

If they struggle with the answers they probably aren't any good at thinking on their feet.

Source: I am a head hunter for various businesses.
>>
Hiring Manager here, I can tell you that it definitely helps to review interview questions so when you ask the candidate, he gives you his best respnse as a result.

Even then, you need to take in account of the appearance of the candidate when selecting the best so for example when your swole , it gives us the thought of the stereotype that you are just a meathead.

In reality, aslong as you come out intellectual in the beginning of the interview and as you work your job, you will be noticed first before others for good work.

Good to also bring up on an interview is that earlier part in which when you are dedicated to something, you do it and make an example of your 'working out for better health'.

Hell, just dont flex infront of us because itll make me think of the meathead stereotype, which the 'better health' is needed.

There are also other things you can do besides being swole to help out in your career.

First, you have to have good hygiene, we dont want people who have unruly hair or musky beards.

Also, please cover your tattoos as much as possible with appropriate clothing, long sleeve dress shirts if possible.

Cant hurt to also practice good eating habits such as not eating in your work area and not looking like a slob to other coworkers.

Everyone, regardless of occupation, should also know not to pick their nose, its just nasty, drop it.

For people who are ottermode, please wear non-lose clothing and no vnecks, your not impressing any of us.

Read or watch videos on how to wear ties as well, its good to look really good for work.

And dont forget, we can tell between good dress shoes, and the ones you buy from your local kMart/walMart.

Most people cant do all this because they seem to be uneducated or dont bother batting an eye to look professional for their careers.

Even if everyone does this in your workplace, dont forget, you can always look better, but if you aren't Chad, then you really arent impressing anyone.
>>
>>17588058
Thank you.

>>17588065
Yeah, basically what my boss is looking for is just someone with some brains that can do various projects. A multi-purpose helper. I follow what you are saying about appearance, I'm hoping for some professional looking women.
>>
>>17588090
>I'm hoping for some professional looking women.
For fuck's sake don't say anything like that to anyone at work or in the interviews, that's asking to get sued.
>>
>>17588148
Yeah, I know. My boss doesn't like hit on the secretaries or anything, but I just mean that it is all women applying for this job and I want a professional looking one in terms of aesthetics. No nose rings and tattoos and other bullshit.

I can weed out the blacks and other undesirables by their name and googling them, generally, so not worried about wasting interview time on one of them.
>>
>>17588163
>I can weed out the blacks and other undesirables by their name and googling them,
You.
Are.
A.
Fucking.
Idiot.
If someone is black, applies for the job, then files another application with the same experience etc with a white name, and the black name doesn't get a call back but the white one does, you will get sued to shit.

Interview people based on their merits, you are on the right track if you want your company to get sued and you to get fired for being racist.
>>
>>17588173
No I won't. Over 300 people have applied and I've called like 7 for an interview. Resumes get lost etc.

Also not one black name was qualified. Most of them are just looking to secure their welfare by applying to jobs they don't meet the requirements for.
>>
>>17588186
Some good basic questions for intro would be

>tell me about yourself
>can you tell me about what you studied?
>how do you feel about working with other people
>what do you know about the company

Also, out of curiosity, what is a black name like?
>>
>>17588204
Thank you. Those are great.

>Also, out of curiosity, what is a black name like?
Latisha, Dasheta, Shanayne, etc.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.