[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tattoos?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: slowwhat.png (78KB, 500x264px) Image search: [Google]
slowwhat.png
78KB, 500x264px
I'm a 19 y/o guy. Should I get a tattoo or is it a bad idea? For those who have one, did you get it because it's important to you or do you just like the idea of a tattoo? Those who don't have any share your thoughts as to why people shouldn't.
>>
>>17586533

tattoos are a good idea if they are meaningful. this isnt to say everyone regrets getting non meaningful tattoos, but you're more likely to refret something simply because you wanted to permanently mark your body and had to choose something random.

i intend to get a tattoo of a thing called a 'latte stone'. its a weird structure found all over the island of Guam which holds a very special placxe of my heart. it would be a reminder of my childhood and what island life meant to me. a place i can hopefully one day return to.

its not a good idea to get tattoos that reference people or relationships. even children can turn out to be serial killers.
>>
>>17586533
Only trashy retards get tattoos, and only trashy tattooies find it hot, or whatever other dumb 'deep' shit reason people make up to have one. You're already thinking about it, so fuck it, it's too late to worry about what anyone will think about it.

I mean I guess some people, few people, can pull them off, but all it says to me is 'I am so insecure in my body or validation in myself as a person, I need to print some shit on my body so people KNOW I matter and I have meaning.'

It's just like ridiculous non-natural hair color or piercings, or any other stupid ass physical devastation on a body; a sad fucking attempt at attention, and then years (or hours) down the line it serves as nothing but an attention repellent to anyone outside of the trash/attention-wanting crowd.
>>
>>17586566

jesus man, some people just get a tattoo on their shulder, not exactly a 'HEY LOOK AT ME' spot.

i dont like the idea of messing with the body, but ear piercings? really? thats a scream for attention? yes you do it to look good, but thats like saying you cant wear make up without ebing screaming for attention.

its just somethign that looks nice.
>>
>>17586579
Ear piercings aren't that bad. I was reffering more to the whole facial thing, and I know I'm being a hard ass about it, but that's just how I feel about it. I find it fucking repulsive or desperate, and when you live in an area full of trashy people with em, it leaves a certain impression. God, it's just disgusting to me, especially these older fucks with the nasty green washed-out tats on their grimy flabby leg fat or arms. It doesn't look any nicer than what was there before, and like I said some people can pull it off, where I won't think it's trash or attention-whory, but I'll still believe what was there before the tattoo looked better.
>>
I think it really depends on you. Some love the process, they love the pain of the needle, getting inked whenever possible. People get a tattoo for different reason. When I was young, I thought they were awesome. Now I don't.

I got one when I was in a relationship. No names or anything, just something I liked at the time. Cost $150 plus tip because America. Then we had a really bad breakup, and I had it laser removed. 6 sessions, $200 each time. It's pretty much gone but it was a dumb thing for me to do, personally.
>>
more often than not when i talk to people who are 40+ about their tattoos they say they regret them. not all but most.
>>
>>17586591

i might be biased cuz i love a man with tattoo sleeves, or even jsut tracing smaller tattoos with my fingers. im a very clean cut professional type so might be drawn to a bad boy look i guess.

im sure it looks ugly when they're older but i mean... thatsj ust cuz pepole look ugly when they're older.

its not like grandma looks at her tattoos and thinks 'wow i wish i could see the wrinkly pale freckled mess underneath that'.

i think the issue is whether or not its common place. there was a time when piercing ears was seen as degenerate. or tattoos in general. now all women pierce ears and even kindergaren teachers have a tattoo.

though that doesn't necessarilly detract from your point either, that people pushing the limit are essentially doing it for attention.

and that i can agree with. i dont find all tattoos messed up but there are people who clearly made bad decisions and just wanted more attention than to 'look coo;'
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.