[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm planning on running away from my abusive home and leaving

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: runningaway2.jpg (180KB, 927x602px) Image search: [Google]
runningaway2.jpg
180KB, 927x602px
I'm planning on running away from my abusive home and leaving the country and I want to leave no trails behind that can lead my family to me.

I've been saving up money in secret in order to escape my physically and emotionally abusive family and I'm at long last at the point where I can pull it off. I won't say what country I'm from out of paranoia, but I will say that it's part of Scandinavia. My destination is that of a friend of mine that lives in the US that has agreed to house me. I have all the hard parts of the process sorted out, such as money, transport to the airport and my ticket booked, but I'm struggling with trying to come up with a way to leave as little of a trail behind me as I can.
I want them to think that I'm still in the country so that they're looking in the wrong place, but I'm worried that if they figure out I ran away with something like a suitcase they'll start catching on. That's not what I'm the most worried about, though since I will probably be fine with just a larger backpack if I end up having to resort to that. What worries me the most is my passport. It's still valid for several years, but since I need it to leave the country and enter the states, they'll know immediately where I am if they find out that it's missing. I can't get a new passport and keep my old one due to laws and shit, so I'd have to turn in my old passport in order to get a new one or I'd get fined or worse. One plan I had was to use an old expired passport from when I was a kid to put among my family's passports, since they're close to impossible to tell a part from just looking at the outside of them. However, if they were to go through the passports and open them I'd be fucked once again.
I'm just really desperate to get away from this place and never have to be afraid for my safety in my own home again. Any advice that can help me cover my tracks better will be very appreciated.
Thanks.
>>
Leave a Koran and some leaflets about islam in your room.
>>
Travel in a group and tell a family about the situation. Make sure they look similar.
>>
Why not just go to a shelter? Unless you can afford to travel.
>>
>>17586349
How are they going to trace your passport usage?
How are they going to find you in another country?
What can they do if they do find you?

If you are not a minor you have zero to worry about.
>>
>>17586349
No illusion that you're in the same country is going to hold up forever. I suggest not trying: anything you do to set it up runs the risk of veing expised vefore you're ready. Really, you just want to be sure they don't know where you're going.
>>
Your family might be able to find out where you traveled to, but if your friend lives far away from the airport, then I can't see how they can figure out how to reach you.
>>
>>17586448
They know of my friend's existence. It's the first place they'll look if they suspect that I've left the country.
>>
>>17586505
So? Are you a minor?
>>
>>17586572
I'm not.
>>
>>17586593
Then what can they do, realistically?
>>
>>17586572

You are making the mistake of running off the assumption that he has the same legal rights as over here in the states, which some other countries don't. Most likely his family basically owns him and and can get him back at any time they choose if they know where he is.
>>
>>17586609
OP is in "part of Scandinavia," not Qatar.
>>
what my friend did was that he went into a nearby country "on holiday" to "visit a friend" and flew out from that country.

yes they will know that you left the country, no they probably won't know where you went to if your friend just says 'omg no i didn't know he's missing'

if you're lucky, they'll think you died in the first country you went to or something.
>>
>>17586505
>it's the first place they'll look

Nigga your alcoholic deadbeat dad isn't going to travel internationally to go kick your ass.
>>
>>17586599
There no doubt in my mind that they'd go as far as trying to find out the address I'll be staying at through my friend's parents, travel across the ocean and show up at the doorstep. They're more than capable of that. As for what they'll to me on location, I don't know for sure. I know my dad isn't afraid to punch and kick me, and my mom might go to the authorities and paint me up as a "problem" child (to them I'm still a child) who ran away for thrills in order to get me home or some shit like that.

In short, they will go pretty fucking far in order to find me, and if they do I'm pretty much fucked.
>>
>>17586632
I'll take this into consideration. Thank you.
>>
>>17586349
>My destination is that of a friend of mine that lives in the US that has agreed to house me.

Dear fucking retarded Americucks and Eurofags,

Countries have something called immigration laws, you can't just decide to get up and go live somewhere else just by buying a plane ticket. Unless you're going to a third world shit hole where you could buy citizenship.
>>
>>17586798
Youre deluded into believing your parents are more powerful than they are because of the abuse they've put you through. They won't drag you away and so long as you and your friend don't give up your address you'll be fine. Moreover, once you've settled in and get a job you can get your own little apartment and they'll never be able to find you.

If you're really determined to throw them off tjpugh, consider filling up your Google history with fake travel destinations and maybe even "accidently" leave out information about youth hostels in Germany or some shit.
>>
>>17586868

This.

I'm assuming you're going on a stamped tourist VISA. You won't be there long and you certainly won't be working.

Go elsewhere in Europe if you actually want to get away permanently and make a life for yourself.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.