[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So... I was brushing my teeth, and a piece of my tooth fell out.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 1474065806354.png (181KB, 500x503px) Image search: [Google]
1474065806354.png
181KB, 500x503px
So... I was brushing my teeth, and a piece of my tooth fell out. Now I can't drink or eat without pain. I'm pretty sure it's an exposed nerve. I'm too poor to go a dentist and I have no insurance. I have no idea what to do and I'm starting to get really depressed. Advice?
>>
>>17586269
Fix it yourself.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Strength-Permanent-Filling-Cement-Material/dp/B009P4IDXS
>>
>>17586292
Hmm interesting. But seems risky if i mess up.
>>
>>17586269
Dental shit can kill you. Go to a dentist.
>>
>>17586309

yea, might as well just live with it indefinitely.

go to a dentist you dumb fuck, it'll be worth the bill.
>>
>>17586562
Easier said than done when you're literally fucking poor
>>
>>17586651
It's called working with the dentist to work out some sort of payment plan. They'd rather get the money slowly than not at all.
>>
>>17586269
Hey OP, first year dental student, let me start off by saying do not follow the advice of >>17586292 , the tooth need to be professionally cleaned by a dentist before cement is applied, your tooth will rot beneath the cement and you'll either loose the tooth or need a root canal. My advice for you would be to call around from dentist to dentist and find one willing to offer you a payment plan, I'd say about half will offer you a payment plan so long as you're willing to pay part of the cost upfront. You can wait a bit with this depending on severity(until next payday) but don't wait a year or whatever, you'll regret it. For pain get your hands on some T3's and some oragel. Sorry to hear your going through this.
>>
You're too poor to get an infection and a hospital stay. Go to the dentist. Explain you're hard up and worse case scenario they yank it out for $50 quid. But more than likely they'll feel sorry for you and glue something back on, which shouldn't be too expensive either.
>>
>>17586269

You can't afford NOT to go to a dentist.

Bite the bullet and get it done.
>>
Potentially bad medical advice incoming. I chipped my tooth when I was like 16 and had the same problem for a couple weeks. Eventually it went away and now it doesn't bother me anymore.

I cannot be held responsible for any horrible infections or chronic pain you experience by following my lead.
>>
>>17586672
This is good advice. Seriously, call around. Medical practitioners usually do understand that poverty exists.

Do not try to BE A MAN and just grit through this, this isn't just going to magically go away if you ignore the pain for a couple of weeks. Waiting just means unnecessary pain, unnecessary risk and even greater expense waiting for you down the line.
>>
>>17586269

I want to give this advice with your input in mind. I know that some dental schools will provide dental care at a greatly reduced rate. There is always a trained dentist there to make sure you aren't sent off with botched work. The cost is that it may take much longer, and you'll be more uncomfortable overall. Correct me if any of this is wrong or a bad idea.
>>
>>17586811
>>17586672
woops i meant your input
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.