[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Does life get better?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: kendal street newcastle 1969.jpg (239KB, 650x434px) Image search: [Google]
kendal street newcastle 1969.jpg
239KB, 650x434px
It seems most people depressed/anxious are in their 20's.
Does life get better after your 20's?
>>
>>17585192

life is what you make of it. you cannot really choose what comes your way but you can choose how you react to it, and most importantly, which way you go.

there are people who work at mc donalds and know they will be there for at least three yeras who are having the best time of their life. there are people who only need to work there for a summer who come here and complain about wanting to kill themselves because of the job itself.

they'll be the same age, same happy home life, but one is destroyed by the concept of wokring in fast food.

depression is more commonly a teen thing. rush of hormones, new concepts, etc. they want to feel victimized. the problem is that we've started to coddle these people instead of pushing them to face reality, so the 'edgy teen phase' is starting to push into the twenties.

growing up is more or less accepting that the world is not perfect, but that you can still do what you want to do, more or less.
>>
>>17585192
Yes.
And for every generation except this one, self-reported happiness went up every decade from the 20's to the 60's.
For the millennials though, self-reported happiness has gone down from the teens through the 20's. The best guess is that they were so protected from the bad parts of life that they had no idea how tough it really was at times. Going to college and getting jobs was a brutal awakening.
Still, as they get it figured out, it is expected that their happiness will increase in their 30's, just like previous cohorts.
>>
Hang in there, it gets better once you have some direction..school , job , travel . I had drink a lot through my 20s , and I don't reccomend that at all . Go to school
>>
File: 293250.jpg (163KB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
293250.jpg
163KB, 1440x900px
>>17585192
>Teen's are for being reckless
>20's are for making mistakes
>30's are for correcting mistakes and growing up
>40's are for successful ventures
>50's are for wisdom and teaching others

You're right on track in life anon. Relax.
>>
>>17585209
>The best guess is that they were so protected from the bad parts of life that they had no idea how tough it really was at times.

Yes that's true but you can't just blame millennials

You should blame baby boomers too who gave into ridiculous hippie-ism and sold Western culture and economic opportunities down the river

Western countries are now infested with mass immigration, which already creates competition for jobs, and also boomers have allowed outsourcing of jobs for working people out to other countries around the world

>Going to college and getting jobs was a brutal awakening.

You can't fully blame millennials that the boomers lied to them and told them they could do a degree in fucking surf studies and still get a serious job in a world of global competition
>>
>>17585236

you say this as if boomers voted on this shit.

its CEOs, heads of company etc. that decide on outsourcing. not as a nation, but as a business.

the 'boomers' did not lie abotu what degrees to get. its been pretty clear not to get an art degree. you can blame some parents but to blame 'boomers' is just as bad as blaming millenials.

we are talking about people wh oare struggling to accept reality and are demanding long past their due that the world cater to them.
>>
>>17585192
28 year old here and I can safely say that the outlook doesn't look good. More bills, less women, more work, and aging. Shit sucks, senpai. I hope you enjoyed your twenties.
>>
>>17585283

You hope I enjoyed my twenties?

> Suck my dick
>>
File: 1472911227178.jpg (44KB, 416x537px) Image search: [Google]
1472911227178.jpg
44KB, 416x537px
>>17585192
Kind of a pointless question.

It directly depends on what you do now to prepare for the future. You could hate your life even more as you age, or things can get better.

You are the only person responsible for your success and well-being.
>>
>>17585459
you're the only one to be responsible, but not the only one to unfluence the outcome
>>
>>17585192
people nowadays get married and sort their lives out in their 30s, so basically the 20s have become some extension of your teen years. it's just difficult dealing with college and jobs since the world has been pretty chaotic lately but most people get better after getting through this stage
>>
I hope so but I doubt it. Only goal I've ever wanted in life, only thing that would ever make me happy, is to find love, devote myself to him, and get married (with no prospect of divorce).

I'll be too old to get married to anyone decent by 30 so if I'm still single then I'm just going to kill myself. I also have no intention of ever getting back into the dating game after, as dating after 30 anyway is already a no go, so if I ever got divorced I'd kill myself too.
I've still got a good 8 1/2 years to get there though so I'm not too concerned. But even if I do make it past 30, with marriage and dating trends, I'm not holding my breath. My life will most likely end in suicide.
>>
>>17585201
Quality post
>>
>>17585272
I'm thinking of going for the STEM meme. Any advice?
>>
>>17585554
Go for engineering. That's really the good part of STEM

A bio or chem degree will land you nothing but a shit lab tech job unfortunately
>>
>>17585192
>5
actually no after 20 u start realizing how dumb and pathetic you are and question your existance everyday
>>
>>17585296
No, I'd rather not. You can kill yourself though. That'd be cool with me. I hear that a .50 fired to the forehead will do the trick.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.