[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Career Conflict?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: 1435981643266.jpg (7KB, 184x184px) Image search: [Google]
1435981643266.jpg
7KB, 184x184px
My girlfriend wants to be a social worker and is not at all interested in home health or grant writing. She is interested in working for government agencies providing services™ to the downtrodden or disenfranchised or whatever. This ultimately means that she will never make any decent sum of money with generally more of a workload and required work hours. I understand the work is important, but I do not much care for that. For so much money and time invested in a masters level education, and potentially a doctorate, I have no clue why anyone would want to do something so unprofitable.

How can I talk to her about how I feel her direction is unwise if she ever wants to afford herself a better life or a family?
>>
>>17584975
She'll just live off the money you'll earn with your fantastic job.
>>
>>17584991
I would have no problem with that if I had any idea that a "fantastic job" was something in my future at all. I want her desperately to be able to pursue her passion, but I want us to be financially strong together because it is the most realistic model. Us working decently well-paying jobs together instead of just one person doing something that is obscenely well-paying, that is.
>>
File: image.png (38KB, 300x250px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
38KB, 300x250px
>>17584975
So ur gf wants to help create the welfare state and keep us down, making aure we working class people never rise up and make anything of ourselves, suckling away at the government like a tit.

Both of you can get fucked.
>>
>>17585062
10/10
>>
>>17585067
I'm right though
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.