[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm planning on making a 12 minute animated action short,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: waifu fight.jpg (139KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
waifu fight.jpg
139KB, 1280x720px
I'm planning on making a 12 minute animated action short, you know like fighting choreography. However I have a legal concern.
I'm going to create an original animation, but I want to use some music from copyrighted video games. I'm going to invest 2 years at the very least into this side project and post it
online. I'm afraid of it being taken down due to the music. I don't have the resources to produce music. Thoughts?
>>
>>17584460
Worry about making the animation first because odds are if your gonna plan on taking 2 years then you won't finish it. Worry about the music when it comes up
>>
>>17584468
Heres the thing. By making the animation in correlation to some chosen music, I'm able to make it look and flow a lot better to whats being played and match scenes with cues. I want to do it this way, but maybe you're right.
>>
>>17584460

one thing you can do is test the music. you can upload it online to youtube, just the song, and see if it gets taken down.

of course a lot can change in two years, and what was once okay, or at least ad sense worthy might become banned entirely.

if you arent dead set on a song, look into finding a small badn that will let you use one of their songs. its a tough fucking search, but you can find the right ones iwth some searching. might cost 60 bucks for the rights.
>>
It's only bad if you plan to monetize it (make money off it by ads or selling it), but youll be fine aslong as you stay away from that.
>>
>>17584536
This.

Big companies, especially non-us-based ones don't really give a shit who uses their content for what so long as you're not trying to profit off of it. They might even see it as free publicity.

Keep in mind that a lot of people who love to suck corporational dick will tell you you shouldn't because it's illegal, but that hardly ever applies in practical terms.
This aside, you might face the problem of having YouTube do the dick sucking and take down your video. There are ways to curb this, I think meta data on the mp3 file might have something to do with it
>>
>>17584460

Just ask them for permission. If they say no ask what a non-commercial license would cost.
>>
>>17584460

Never tried it, but >>17584763 seems reasonable.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.