[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Want to test my IQ, as in a real score test. I've been looking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: 1473674987799.png (1MB, 1052x860px) Image search: [Google]
1473674987799.png
1MB, 1052x860px
Want to test my IQ, as in a real score test.
I've been looking for online IQ test websites, but i still havent managed to find such. Any suggestions?
>>
>>17583918
You do know that the whole idea of IQ tests was discredited decades ago, don't you?

A brief history: they were invented over 100 years ago on the theory that some basic math and logic questions were a measure of general intelligence, largely as an excuse to label some people retarded and institutionalize them.

But by the 1950s it was evident that all the tests really measured was your ability to take tests. (You know that some people are better at test-taking than others, and that talent led to high IQ scores, not any general intelligence.)

For a while after, the tests were still used, because there seemed to be some correlation between high scores and doing well in school and college. And then someone pointed out that doing well in school and college was largely a matter of being good at taking tests.

An IQ test measures nothing but your skill at taking IQ tests. No school, college, employer, etc. uses them.
>>
>>17583918
>>17583955
Anon is right; Even a theoretically perfect IQ test only measures your ability to run a mental system quickly and effectively.
>>
>>17583918
There's no such thing as an online IQ test. Real IQ tests involve doing a lot of different things with a psychologist administering it. You can't get enough data from multiple choice shit.
>>
>>17584498
Also, if you want to get one of these done you can sometimes get insurance to cover it if you get a referral from your doctor for a mental disorder like autism or ADD. Many times they include an IQ test. Most people don't have insurance that good though, but if you do, might as well milk the system baby.
>>
A real IQ test means you have a ~two hour appointment with someone in person who asks you questions and gives you questionnaires. No such thing as a legitimate online IQ test.

And having said that, IQ tests only provide a limited insight in your capacities as well.
>>
>>17583955

this is for hte most part correct.

while the test can be used to confirm an obvious genius, it doesn't do much beyond that and even just a few years ago there was a push to change its material because some parts of it (namely literature if im not mistaken) required you to have already read certain materials, and you couldnt take the test without it.

other than that its a lot like the SAT. it doesn't measure your actual intelligence, but rather your ability to learn. it tells you how to do something, and then sees how fast you pick that concept up. it explains a basic equation then asks you to put that equation into practice immediately.

if you want a real IQ test, pay to ahve one done at a real testing facility. if ur not smart enough to realize that you shouldn't expect legitimate resources for these sorts of things on the internet, you probably aren't a genius though.
>>
Going to add in IQ tests that score high as an adolescence have a high 'potential' of being good at school/problem solving/test taking, but does not measure their intelligence.

But high scoring kids can learn quickly and effectively put it to use.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.