[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

It's about a same-sex friend I'm in love with...

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5

File: sad espurr.gif (575KB, 500x342px) Image search: [Google]
sad espurr.gif
575KB, 500x342px
I'm a boy, and I have a best friend who's also a guy, we met 10+ years ago when we were middle schoolers and he helped me out a few years ago with a massive heartbreak in my late college years, that's when we became super close friends. Lately, however, he's always angry and putting me down, becoming increasingly insulting, because he's supposedly stressed with his life as of late, he's chanelling his anger on me, he's been hurtful for months, I just confessed my love for him in my weakest moment while he kept putting me down, despite the fact he's straight, has a girlfriend, and her girlfriend hates my guts so much she has said she wants me dead.

It's my first time experiencing something like this, and he hasn't talked back to me since... it's over is it not...?
>>
OP obviously he either doesn't feel the same or is angry because he doesn't understand or doesn't want to accept he is into you
>>
>>17583632

it is if you want it to be, and frankly, id want it to be. i dont think there is anythign wrong with expressing feelings but you have to accept the consequences.

it is a noble idea to love someone and just be their friend. the kind of thing that is often written about but very rarely truly experienced in real life for more than a short period of time. because its hard to keep that bottled in. you have to let it out so you can get closure and move on. and tahts what you did.

and with him already being an ass, it may be time.

i had a similar experience, or more of a backwards experience. i met a guy, asked him out, oops hes straight. now hes my best friend. literally just now left my apartment.
>>
File: sad clown.gif (197KB, 580x809px) Image search: [Google]
sad clown.gif
197KB, 580x809px
>>17583638
I've been pondering after I posted OP, I think the reason he's being such a humongous asshole is because of his father. He's an under-archiever jackass who works on some goverment office and is pressing him that he's a failure. The jackass dad is projecting himself into my friend, and my friend has been channeling all that anger unto me since we (used to, not so much these past few days) text each other a lot.

I don't expect him to answer my feelings back, I just legitimately want to keep being his friend, we had a lot of good times, a lot of laughs together, we were like brothers for so long, it's just... depressing to think about it ending... I personally don't want it to end. I just want to keep being there for the day he says "Anon. I need help/be listened to/need someone to chill out with/just hang out". Or even just get together to draw in a giant white desk without talking much... I miss drawing with him...

>>17583637
>doesn't want to accept he is into you
Well, he said once, time ago, I'd be cuter if I didn't had facial hair marks on me but I can't help it, I shave every day and you can still notice if I didn't shave for a week I'd have a full beard, it's my genes.
>>
>>17583649
Yeah he probably doesn't want to accept it
>>
>>17583649

you can always trty to control the relationship in that sense. if you can remain calm when someone goes negative, you can turn it into a teaching moment. if he attacks you you can say 'im a little hurt, but are you okay? is it your dad? what happened this time?'

and turn it to a bonding moment. as oppose dto just letting him dole out punches. if he CANT turn it into that, then hes letting a very normal pressure destroy his relationships and id jump ship
>>
>>17583668
I've tried to do that but he just yells he doesnt want to talk about his private life to me, because I'm never helpful... Although I'm never helpful because he doesn't let me or anyone help either.
>>
>>17583724

you gotta decide when enough is enough and do wahts best for you.

just because there is love, even mutual love, doesn't mean the relationship has to or even can work.

im a believer that even wie beaters and murderers loved their romantic partners, even as they committed the act. their love is the same rus hand feelings. it is them who are unstable, not the relationship.

and if someone is too unstable for the relationship, its time to move on. even if you love each other.
>>
I can't sleep, I've been a tearful mess thinking about all these recent fights we've had these past months, and the good times from years ago... It's been a few days since we talked, /adv/...

I wonder if he misses me a bit?
>>
Before this thread dies, I'd like to ask for one last piece of /adv/ice...

Should I keep being silent on him until he calls me? Or should I try to contact? I feel if I contact now it'd be too early and awkward but I don't know....
>>
>>17584959
Probably your best course is to talk to him if he's a true friend he'll stay your friend
>>
File: I wish the rain was my friend.gif (492KB, 460x345px) Image search: [Google]
I wish the rain was my friend.gif
492KB, 460x345px
>>17584979
The reason I stopped talking to him was to give him a space... He said "I think I've just overloaded on you and it's driving me mad".

He feels we interact too much every day, I'm honestly thinking I am the problem, I feel I am overly clingy and maybe a bit over-bearing?

I don't have many friends, so when me and him became close... Well...

He means the whole world to me.
>>
File: 1473606914265.png (152KB, 475x359px) Image search: [Google]
1473606914265.png
152KB, 475x359px
One of the rare cases where OP is a literal faggot.
>>
File: Sad Goku.png (84KB, 410x411px) Image search: [Google]
Sad Goku.png
84KB, 410x411px
>>17585036
Yeah, yeah, I know. Cringe, or laugh at me.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.