[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bought a car title didn't check out

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: 79987.jpg (309KB, 2996x2000px) Image search: [Google]
79987.jpg
309KB, 2996x2000px
So here's what happened. I bought a used car off of Craigslist. Everything went fine except when I went to the DMV to register the car, the name on the title and the signature on it didn't match. Yes my fault it was my first time buying a car I'm an idiot blah blah. Anyway, I let the guy I bought it off of know what was happening. He said he would try to get it fixed because the owner of the title loved in California (I'm in Nevada.) Since the owner of the title wasn't responding he said he would drive down to California this past Saturday and get it taken care of. It's been two days now and he hasn't responded.
I asked for my money back but by now I'm thinking the guy is just going to keep the money. What exactly can I do in this situation? Yes I know I fucked up but oh well nothing I can do now.
>>
File: 1463811694158.jpg (50KB, 425x639px) Image search: [Google]
1463811694158.jpg
50KB, 425x639px
But is the car stolen?
>>
>>17583309
Almost definitely, meaning that it could be taken off OP and he wouldn't get the money back either
>>
Go to a different person at the DMV. They might not notice the signatures. It could be as simple as that. Or try a different DMV. I think as long as you have a physical title you should be good.
>>
I would've called the police and gone back (with cops) for my money as soon as the DMV told me.
>>
The car is not stolen, the title checks out. The only thing wrong is the mismatching signatures at the DMV.
>>
Any other advice and what to do? In Nevada if I don't register the vehicle within 30 days I will get fined $1000 and from the looks of it this guy is just ignoring me now.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.