[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I come clean to my parents? For the last year, I've

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 1473968388507.jpg (107KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1473968388507.jpg
107KB, 1280x720px
How do I come clean to my parents?
For the last year, I've been avoiding to talk to them about me having dropped out of college. I tried at first to ease into it by saying that "I feel overwhelmed by all the schoolwork" to test their reaction. They immediately started yelling at me without even listening what I had to say, and suggesting how disappointed they were. I wanted to open up and say I have social anxiety and depression but I realized they would just deny me. I can't say they are evil parents, they are just emotionally off. I can't handle the extremely awkward situation I'd be causing if I were to tell them about the college, about depression, etc. I know they'd be making a huge scene, especially since I've been lying all this time. Should I just accept I can't turn to them for help? I'm certain I'm only on their good side because they think I'm this very competent guy, and they'd forsake me if I appeared otherwise.
>>
>>17581548
Get a job first if you dont already have one. Are they paying for an apartment or do you still live with them? Do you have friends you could crash with (while you have a job)? Hows rent in your area? Does all this sound too hard? Have you considered suicide?

If your parents wont support you and you cant handle supporting yourself then your best bet is buying a gun while you keep up thus charade, and then tell them about your lies in a note. Thats what id do famalamadingdong.
>>
>>17581678
I still live with them. I have zero friends to crash with. I only have rent money for one month.
And yes, it sounds too hard since I have depression and can't open up to anybody. You know, depression is when you don't feel like doing anything, so I barely feel like getting out of bed. I could probably handle supporting myself, but I just think "what's the point". Maybe If I had my parent's support, I could make it through. But as of now I feel totally useless.
>>
>>17581548
You should not have dropped out, you sound apathetic. That's mostly what I felt during college but I have parents who helped me get through the hard times. Talk to your parents and be open, don't worry about the after math. What is going on in your head is bad enough. Get a job but what kind of job are you going to get without a diploma? Do you know anyone of any importance? Buck up, tell them what happened, and really for school or work forever outside and/or for shitty pay.
>>
>>17581678
im with this guy
>>
>>17581678
oh wait i didnt read last part.
im not with this guy
dont off yourself.
>>
>>17581717
>Talk to your parents and be open, don't worry about the after math
But... I can't. They'll kick me out on the streets, and I'm too weak to deal with it. They'll do it anyways sooner or later, that's why I'm so conflicted about what to do. Continue to feel like shit or come clean and get kicked out? It's awful catch-22.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.