[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I stop feeling tired all the time?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: 1460467217894.jpg (23KB, 500x273px) Image search: [Google]
1460467217894.jpg
23KB, 500x273px
I'm tired all the time. It doesn't matter how much I sleep, I'll still be tired the next day.

I'm failing school because when I sit down to study I have to struggle to keep my eyes open. It's ok when I sit in front of the computer browsing memes or whatever, but as soon as I need to do something that challanges my mind a bit, like learning, I have a hard time staying awake.

I have tried exercising and cardio and all but I feel like it doesn't help at all. Maybe I need to do it for longer?

It's been this way for years.

How do I stop feeling tired all the time?
>>
>>17580563
Doctors appointment. Could be diabetes, joint hyper mobility syndrome or any number of random conditions whose symptoms can go unnoticed for extended periods of time.
>>
File: Hypermobile_fingers_and_thumb.jpg (52KB, 369x348px) Image search: [Google]
Hypermobile_fingers_and_thumb.jpg
52KB, 369x348px
>>17580567
Wait, what the fuck? I can do this, is that not normal? I can do the fingers bent 90 degrees back, too, but not the thumb thing on the wikipedia page. Should I go to a doctor for this?
>>
I also have been diagnosed with ADHD but never got any treatment or meds. Could it have anything to do with that?
>>
Could it be mild depression? I could see that being the case.
>>
>>17580563
>It's ok when I sit in front of the computer browsing memes or whatever,

i also like spending time online for hours
maybe tell us
how much time do you spend on a computer, on the internet, on your phone, on your tablet?
research has shown that spending hours in front of a screen is not good for sleep
>>
>>17580743
Quite a lot of time, but probably not a lot more than most people my age.

I have a hard time seeing how I would cut down on it, though. I have to do my school work on my computer and there is not a lot to do when not in front of a screen. I would like to find a way, though.
>>
Your airway is probably being obstructed in your sleep, cutting off oxygen during sleep. Could be sleep apnea.

Don't eat dairy and sleep on your side, prop yourself up with pillows if necessary. If that doesn't work, you might need a cpap machine.
>>
>>17580753
>Quite a lot of time, but probably not a lot more than most people my age.

what do you consider normal for your age?

personally, im in my 30s, male, dont subscribe to cable and i watch and read everything i do online,
on a bad day i'll spend maybe five six hours online, playing games, watching video/movies, reading or just nothing on threads, forums
on an average day ill spend about two hours
personally, i dont like social media and dont text, message ortalk to people on smartphones during my day
i do some reading news while i am out on my day but that is about all on my phone

what about you
>>
>>17580761
I'm 19 and I do most things on my computer. I often get stuck browsing 4chan, leddit or shitty facebook meme pages. I also play some videogames and watch netflix. I text a lot too. I'm a CS/physics student so I have to do a lot of school work on my computer.

On an average day it's probably 4-5 hours. On a really bad day (weekends) it's probably 8.

The worst thing is that there really isn't a lot to do around here. I commute to uni and have a long way to friends, so I don't really know how I would have fun without being on my computer.
>>
>>17580781
can't say you should quit your computer
but try this instead - its made a difference for me (and my sleeping)
decide on a good hour to go to sleep (mine is midnight)
at 11 stop using any device or phone (put it on silent and pretend you didn't get texts, messages, stuff until the morning)
sit for an hour, read a book, a real paper book with a good reading lamp
you get multiple benefits, you get to read course text/a good book/learn something new and you will get yourself ready for sleep
option is stay up late and five minutes before you go to sleep, you get off your computer, all you can think about is about all those memes and conversations, school work, videos, games and fall off to uncomfortable tired sleep and wake to uncomfortable tired morning - and its like coffee addiction, the first thing you do in the morning is ..... go on the computer
>>
>>17580799
Yeah, I should do that, but it's really hard. Because I'm so tired I usually am not done with my school work by bed time so I have to do that. Also, all my course books are pdfs, which I really really hate. Maybe I should print them out with the unis printers.

I have thought of trying meditation, but never really gotten into it.
>>
>>17580808
>I have thought of trying meditation, but never really gotten into it.

sounds like you are trying your best
if you want to succeed, you got to plan out your day a bit more
i know i sound like i am lecturing but i dont really care because i dont know you and you dont know me
i work mostly as a writer by trade - not bad, not great - so i spend a lot of my time at a computer screen too but i have had to learn to budget and organize my day
learn to do this now and it will make a difference later on in life, trust me, i had to learn the hard way
right now, if you don't budget and organize your time and energy, you'll fail school
later on in life, if you don't budget and organize your time and energy, you lose your job (or in my case, my clients) and your livelihood
if you are honestly trying to do something about all this
try the meditation
i meditate once in a while and found it helps
try this, take ten or 15 minutes before bed and meditate
don't lie down, get ready to go to bed and try meditating, it doesn't quite work that way
turn off your computer (it's a psychological break telling yourself you are done with this for the day)
sit down on a comfortable chair, with your regular clothes, close your eyes and try to sit for a while, let the thoughts come and go and try to relax
better yet, go find some online help guides on how to do this
then go to bed
>>
>>17580857
Thanks.

>i know i sound like i am lecturing but i dont really care because i dont know you and you dont know me

I like people like you. It helps.

I think I'm gonna start today and meditate at least 30 min before bed. And then increase to an hour. Hopefully then I will start having enough energy to be able to do my school work before bedtime and I will be able to better plan my time. Then I will be saved. I'm also gonna try to run twice a week for at least like 30 min. I used to do that but it didn't really help me then. Can't hurt though.

If this works literally all of my problem would be solved.

I will also go to a doctor and try to get some help. Maybe analyze my blood and stuff to see if I have low iron levels or something and fix that. It's free over here so that can't hurt either.

Thank you for your replies. You really motivated me. Seriously. If you have anything else that could help me, please share if you want.
>>
>>17581010
same anon as before here

exercise is a good idea - preferably at your age, try to do about half an hour a day - if you got time for memes, you got the time to exercise - fresh air and physical excretion will greatly help you with sleep

on both meditation and running - don't bite off more than you can chew
do a little at first - like five minutes of meditation or ten minutes of running (or even just half an hour of walking)
a minute of meditation is trying for many people - ten is forever and half an hour is impossible on the first try
over time, you will get better at it - both in running and in meditation

>I will also go to a doctor
i wouldn't bother as you will mostly likely get prescribed something to help with anxiety or depression - if you are into that, that is your choice but it won't solve anything and probably will cause more problems in the future
its the same as drinking and illegal drugs, it merely masks the underlying problems you have and continue to follow
in the end the problems persist and at one point will catch up to you in a major breakdown of some sort

take care of yourself, physically, emotionally, psychologically, socially and mentally
your body is your temple, as the saying goes
its a machine and a tool and if you don't care of it, it will break down and lose control
feed it properly, maintain it, give it proper nourishment and don't take excess, let it rest properly and don't abuse it
you're young so you just see a few problems here and there, over time if you continue to live like you do, in ten, 20 years, the problems get harder and harder to deal with and fix
take care of yourself now so you won't have the headache and heartache of trying to fix yourself a decade from now
>>
>>17581473
I had similar issues as the OP. Went to a docter and it turns out I may have muscular dystrophy or myopothy. It could be good going to a docter just to be safe.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.