[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pipe versus Vape versus No

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: wallhaven-163775.jpg (63KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
wallhaven-163775.jpg
63KB, 1920x1080px
> 3 years a smoker
> college student
> sick of cigarettes

They're bad for my health and I'm not an angsty teenager anymore.
Quitting the stuff didn't seem to be that big of a deal. One thing I really miss though is the ritual of smoking itself - this kind of mental "pause" on things going on, coupled with the pleasantness of smoke. So I was thinking of taking up either the vape or the pipe.
Pros to vape
>cheaper starting kit
>shitton of flavors and shit and I guess that's a good thing
>no tobacco combustion
>can smoke in the dorm
Cons
>feels "artificial"
>I got no clue what they put in that e-liquid shit from China as there's no real regulation on it
>I'd feel like a yolo 420 vapenation swagfag
Pros of pipe
>feels a lot more aligned with my personal taste
>loads of really cool tobacco blends
>need to take my time packing a pipe - it has this ritual aspect to it which I find very enjoyable
Cons
>tobacco
>smells
>must be smoked outside
>a bit more expensive than the vape shit.

Smoker or ex-smokers of /adv/, wat do? Vape or pipe? tips?
Or do I just scrap vitamin n in all forms forever?
>>
>Or do I just scrap vitamin n in all forms forever?

The 'ritual' is a myth to keep you addicted.

Physically stopping is easy. Mentally stopping is hard, and you are still brainwashed.

I suggest to read through the book. You do not need nicotine in any way, shape, or form.
>>
>>17579885

By the book, I assume you mean the bible?
>>
>>17579880
Replace the ritual of smoking with the ritual of making and drinking tea. Get a nice quiet spot in your house or outside and just make some tea and take a break from life. Tea ceremonies are a thing for a reason.
>>
>>17579880
Allen carrs easy way to quit smoking I found the pdf online heard positive things from many ex smokers about it. Worth checking out I myself am only about halfway through the book so can speak to the effectiveness fully but if you decide to read through it actually read the book pay attention and think don't just read it with the mindset once I finish this i magically won't want cigarettes anymore
>>
>>17579880
Vapefag here, don't buy juice from china you idiot. All the juice made in the States should just be PG, VG, Nicotine, and artificial flavor. The most unknown thing is the flavors. I don't know how starter kits are now, but I didn't think vaping would replace my smoking habit until I got a bigger, more expensive mod. I'd say it's pricey to start, but it's cheaper in the long run (depending how much you smoke). Also, don't cheap out on batteries.

I've just used it to stop smoking, but I haven't quit entirely. I definitely still want cigarettes every now and then. You can argue that I'm still addicted, but I feel as though quitting vape is easier than cigarettes.
>>
Thanks for the advice guys!
I'll look into that book >>17581344
and >>17581414 thanks for the battery advice. Of course I wouldn't go out of my way to buy Chinese stuff, but global economy is a weird thing.

Also I'll consider the tea ceremony advice, though it does not feel nearly as good to me personally.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.