[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My Buddy Is In Jail

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

File: divorce.jpg (238KB, 1501x846px) Image search: [Google]
divorce.jpg
238KB, 1501x846px
Just got off the phone with the police and confirmed that my buddy, who had recently started divorce proceedings with his cunt of a wife about a month ago, (they’ve both got lawyers but haven’t been in court yet) is sitting in jail tonight and will be going up before a judge tomorrow (probably via video) and I’ll find out then about bail and such.

Earlier tonight, a joint friend of ours called me and asked if I had heard from our buddy, as he had gotten a text from him from earlier in the evening asking for a place to crash for the night (last week he had slept at my place for two nights in a row, trying to avoid his cunt of wife) but he wasn’t responding to text replies.

I then called my buddy and it went straight to voice mail. Later, our friend had his kid text our buddy’s kid and the cunt wife responded (the kid’s phone is tied into her phone) and she claimed our buddy had spazzed out and kicked down an interior door during an argument and she had called the cops on him and they arrested him.

Can’t say I’m actually asking for advice, I just needed to talk about this with someone, as we had been worried earlier in the night that maybe she had killed him (completely possible with this bitch) and now I can’t get to sleep, as I’m worried about this will effect his divorce.
>>
sucks for him, he's gonna have a record when it comes to the divorce. Definitely not gonna get custody of the kids
>>
He brought it on himself. My brother did too, regardless of the warnings we gave him

Protip: truly know the bitch you plan on marrying
>>
>>17579372
>>17579396

OP here, and I’m assuming the cops couldn’t arrest him simply on the cunt wife’s say-so but I find it hard to believe he would have actually done anything to justify having the cops called on him.

Everything about her says this was a fabrication and/or a set-up.

He knows she’s a crazy bitch (his lawyer has all kinda cell phone video evidence of her freaking out on him, plus bazillions of insane texts messages) and he was in the process of having the lawyers either get a court order to kick her out of the house or come up with someone kinda “time sharing” living arrangement, where he could see the kids and use the shower, laundry, etc. without her around.

He’s been living in the basement and sleeping on a couch for the last couple of years to avoid her and they’ve gone to marriage counseling and she’s supposed to be taking Zoloft, but apparently quit some time back and has been self-medicating by stealing their kid’s Ritalin.
>>
>>17579413
Just because she doesn't seem like a fit parent doesn't mean your friend is one either. Stop being so fucking blind, you can't clap with one hand - your friend is not blameless.
>>
>>17579418
>your friend is not blameless.

Yes, in this case he is.

We've been friends since the 6th grade (we're now both in our late 40s) and she's been a full-on psycho bitch for several years and was always been something of a bitch.

She treats the kids like accouterments to her yuppy life style, like they're a fancy pair of shoes or purse meanwhile, he's the one who takes care of the kids, as she doesn't do jack shit.

She comes home from her office job and promptly goes into the bedroom and posts to Facebook for several hours before sleeping until midnight or so, then bangs around the house until 3:00am and goes back to sleep until she has to go to work the next day. She literally does nothing around the house.

He's got video of her freaking out and threatening to kill him ("I'll stab you in the face!") with their kids standing right there crying, recordings of her claiming to have fucked all his buddies, a video of her hocking a loogie into his soup as he's eating, etc.
>>
>>17579443
That doesn't show he's not blameless, that shows she's a shit person. For all you know, he might be one too; even if he's slightly less shit than she is, he's still shit. After all, he's been fucking arrested. Decent people don't get arrested like that.
>>
>>17579452

You can believe what you like.
>>
>>17579459
And so can you. The fact is, he hasn't been arrested for being an outstanding citizen.
>>
Not sure where you're from, but in my state, any time there is a Domestic Violence call, the police HAVE to make an arrest. It doesn't matter who called or, why; whoever is being accused has to be taken in (usually the guy).They have to do it to protect the department from lawsuits.
>>
>>17579452
>For all you know, he might be one too
this is very likely, birds of a feather and all but to say decent people don't get arrested is a little naive and classic circular logic
>>
>>17579464
>And so can you.

Yeah, except I know him and her.
>>
>>17579474
Exactly, that's your downfall. You can't see this objectively. You wanna be a loyal friend? Go ahead, I don't blame you. But don't be blind to their shortcomings. People aren't perfect.
>>
>>17579486
>You can't see this objectively.

I can't but a stranger on the Internet can?
>>
>>17579502
As objectively someone hearing a second hand biased story can be.
>>
>>17579502
By the way, being biased or subjective isn't necessarily insurmountable as long as you can acknowledge it and make an effort to be as objective as possible. However, you seem convinced that your friend did nothing wrong and can't handle even the thought that he may have done something wrong.
>>
>>17579542
>As objectively someone hearing a second hand biased story can be.

No, you can’t. You have no info on the situation while I’ve known him since 6th grade and known her since they started dating after high school and seen her become more and more of a nut-job as the years went by.
>>
>>17579361
>she claimed our buddy had spazzed out and kicked down an interior door during an argument and she had called the cops on him and they arrested him

I can see them removing him from the home, but if he's going before a judge that means theres a charge. You don't get charged for wrecking your own shit.
>>
>>17579571
Yeah, but 10:1 he lost it and hit her tonight.
>>
>>17579595
Yeah, there's something OP isn't telling us. Maybe he doesn't even know himself, but his friend is definitely not the angel or victim that OP thinks he is.
>>
>>17579636
The ex sounds crazy, but a white dude with a job in his 40s doesn't find his way into lockup during a domestic without violence. Especially if he already has a fucking lawyer because of an ongoing divorce case.
>>
>>17579638
why would it matter than he's white
>>
>>17579638
Exactly. Though I am taking what OP says with a grain of salt, he's clearly unable to take a step back and look at this objectively, there's probably some exaggeration in what he says about her too.
>>
>>17579641
Do you live under a rock? There are stats in basically every Western country that point to white people being treated more leniently than minorities. If OP's friend is white, then he's seriously fucked up to have been arrested in a country where the criminal justice system works in his favour.
>>
>>17579641
Because, realistically, a white guy is going to get more reasonable treatment than a black guy by most departments in the country.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.