[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Girl only emails me every 24 hours?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: Email_Shiny_Icon.svg.png (53KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Email_Shiny_Icon.svg.png
53KB, 1024x1024px
Hey /adv/ hope you're having a good night. So I've been emailing with this girl from a school activity (doesn't matter which one) and I didn't have her number so I just used her university email address (which I've never sent anything to directly but our professors send group emails to us so it's not like I stalked her to get it or anything) and asked some questions about the things we need to turn in. I had grown to like her over the time we had spent so I segued the emails into casual friendly conversation. We made a lot of jokes and started talking shit about the program we're in, etc. It was great but after a few days then I noticed that she only emails me back around 24 hours. So I might send her something at 11pm and she won't reply until like 10pm the next day. I was planning on trying to get her number the next time we meet in person but until then this is kind of annoying. I'm 90% sure she doesn't have a job or a huge schedule, so surely she must be able to respond sooner, right? Also, it's her university email, so presumably she would check it at least a couple times a day for news and class info and stuff. Am I overanalayzing this? She keeps asking me questions and responding to my jokes when she does respond so I don't think that she's trying to send a hint. Is she playing mind games? Because if that's the case then I'm going to feel pretty fucking pissed. I know she has a phone and laptop so it's not like she's cut off from technology either. Anyone have any ideas? I'm more confused than anything else.
>>
When I take ages to email (or text) back, it's normally because I'm not that interested in the conversation but don't want to be rude.

>inb4 "why don't you just tell them that you're not interested"
Because "I don't want to talk to you" is even ruder
>>
>>17579287

Aren't you supposed to be working on a project?

Stop worrying about the skirt and focus on the class, nimrod.
>>
>>17579305
But there's a lot of ways to end a conversation without being a dick. Like "Just in case you were wondering why I respond so late, I've been really busy lately so I might not be able to talk." Or something similar.
Is that so hard?

>>17579321
You don't know me. I set my own pace and work responsibly. And I'll worry about the skirt if I damn well want to. I'm tired of being alone and sexless.
>>
>>17579353
>You don't know me. I set my own pace and work responsibly. And I'll worry about the skirt if I damn well want to. I'm tired of being alone and sexless.

That warm fuzzy attitude will win her over, right?

Dude, you are working on a project for a class and she is in no hurry to engage with you.

Focus on the task at hand and get through the thing. Maybe you'll start talking eventually, just don't expect too much.
>>
>>17579353
>But there's a lot of ways to end a conversation without being a dick. Like "Just in case you were wondering why I respond so late, I've been really busy lately so I might not be able to talk." Or something similar.
>Is that so hard?
If you've got a full blown conversation going, that's not really something you can say. You can't just ignore all the shit they've asked you or have left open for you to respond to and just be like "yeah, I won't be replying" and bring it to an abrupt end
>>
>>17579358
I was vague just in case anyone I know was reading but I can give more details. We spent the entire summer working on a very specific research project and we share an office space. It's not like we're lab partners in a group of six in a class of forty or anything. Even if she's not into me, it would be nice to have a partner/scholar to collaborate with. And like I said, I'm just tired of being alone. I'm an attractive guy that exercises, eats well, and takes care of myself. I have a good personality. And yet after three years of college then I haven't had a single girlfriend. Forgive me if I'm a little testy.
>>
>>17579363
Then she could bring all of the conversation threads to a close and say something like, "Well, it's been nice talking to you but I'm really busy, etc etc." I guess she could be shy or socially awkward, but she didnt really give me that impression irl.
>>
>>17579370

You are expecting way too much. I know the feeling. But let's be realistic:

You have worked together for a while and she still hasn't shown signs of being into you. She isn't putting much effort into the communications you have.

She is just not into you. I recently saw some awesome advice in another thread, so I'm going to steal it. I'll be right back.
>>
File: 1474066710375.jpg (94KB, 640x932px) Image search: [Google]
1474066710375.jpg
94KB, 640x932px
>>17579370
(I take no credit for this. I just think it's awesome)

As long as you keep thinking about fucking them, you will never have a chance normal relationship or even friendship.

It sounds odd to say, but it is when you let it go [i.e. the thought of sex] that the conditions for the real thing [i.e. actual sex] are created.

Let me quote Musashi:
>When you fight with a sword you do not have to focus on killing, but on cutting... because that's what a sword is about. Killing is just a side effect of its effective use.
Quote is by heart, so it may differ a little from the original.

What Musashi is teaching you is that if you want to perform well, you need to identify yourself with the activity you are performing to achieve a goal, and not with the goal itself.

So, if you want to fuck her or to make friends, etc. you cannot start talking to her with such goal in mind.
The policy is:
>consider the goal
>appreciate it
>understand what the relevant steps to achieve it are
>now focus just on the first step = having an actual and absolutely normal but enjoyable conversation
>now forget everything but the conversation thing
>start a fucking conversation
>just enjoy having the conversation for the sake of the conversation... not for other far-reaching purposes
>later that day, when you're alone, check if you got step 1 right
>repeat
>>
>>17579390
But here's the thing: When I first met her I didnt really even know if she was attractive to me or not. But I've grown more attracted to her and got insight into her personality. We were having some nice conversations before I liked her and now I'm making the first step escalate.

>>17579381
You're probably right Anon. I'm thinking about this rationally and you make sense. Thing is, I'm not a social wreck like most people on here, I can totally deal with disappointment, but goddamn am I getting tired of the taste.
>>
>>17579405

>I can totally deal with disappointment, but goddamn am I getting tired of the taste.

Don't we all? It sucks. But trust me, don't go chasing something that's already ended before starting.

Give yourself the chance to look for better opportunities elsewhere.
>>
>>17579410
Easier said than done. There really aren't any other attractive single girls I know, in class or at work. I don't have the time to add any new things to my schedule. Guess I'm staying alone for a while.
>>
>>17579423
She doesn't owe you anything, stop acting like you were soulmates
>>
>>17579426
Never said she did, never acted like we were, fucker.
>>
>>17579429
You just wrote a wall of text that's basically "why doesn't she replyyyyy," don't pretend you're not more invested in her than you should be.
>>
>>17579423

Yeah, of course it's easier said than done. I've been alone for four years now. Last time I thought I had a chance, I was just blinded by my own desperation. She was crazy.

Still alone. But hey, things won't stay the same forever. New classes means new people. I'm already chatting up a new girl. Maybe this is the chance. Maybe not.

All I can say is, being alone hasn't killed me yet. I can do it for a little longer. What about you?
>>
>>17579431
I'm invested in her more because she was my only current dating option. Believe me, I've been obessed with girls before; this isn't it.

>>17579433
Besides a couple of high school "relationships" I've been alone my whole life. Remaining alone's not going to kill me, but it's sure as hell going to slowly make me more and more bitter and angry if I feel like all of my efforts to change it are wasted.
>>
>>17579287
I go to a community college but I check my email once a week. We're all different and that's just me but whatever man.
>>
>>17579444

Again, this is something easier said than done, but don't let having a girl be the way to measure your success.

Let your success get you girls. Be good at whatever it is you do. Live well. Have fun.

That way, the anger and bitterness will not build up. So, when you stumble upon a chance, you'll be in a good place mentally to take it.
>>
>>17579457
I'll try. Thanks anon. I'm going to bed. Maybe tomorrow will be better. Have a good one.
>>
>>17579465

You too. Let's hope one of us gets it right soon. Good luck!
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.