[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Loneliness and depression

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: nothing.jpg (12KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
nothing.jpg
12KB, 225x225px
I've been on 4chan for many years now, and not once have I read about someone similar to me. Every time I read about someone who has problems, it is always about things that I can't relate to. I don't understand why anyone would want to do drugs. Even alcohol. It seems that most people who are depressed on here are just going through a breakup or not finding any partner at all, or because they are broke or a NEET.

I've always had trouble keeping up with a conversation, because I usually space out if they speak more than a few sentences continuously. It's not only the keeping up part, but I also have trouble understanding their intent. I am always confused because I think about everything in an ambiguous way. It can be a simple question, but I will ask a question to confirm if I got the question right before answering.

Well, I'm lonely. I have only had a few friends when I was younger, but for the past years I've had zero "real life" friends. To be honest, nothing changed when the number gradually turned from 1 to 0. I have always felt lonely. The reason for that is I've always been the person who just doesn't fit in. I don't want to drink alcohol, smoke weed or go party. That's not the reason I don't fit in though. I'm just different. I've never been the goto friend to anyone.

There are many people (online) who tell me to see a psychologist, but I can't see how that will change anything. My view of life is way too engraved in my mind. Hmm, I kinda do want to end it. It's odd that just a few days ago, I was on the rarely scheduled Feeling Good week. Oh, and I've noticed that the night from Saturday to Sunday is usually when I am at my worst.

Personally, I think I'm depressed because of some OCD and anxiety. I've done a lot of suicidal ideation, but I have a couple of friends online who I believe need me for at least a few more years before I'm going through with it.
>>
I know this is a long post, but I feel very alone. I don't think I can connect to anyone. Even if someone answers, telling me how they are literally me, I don't think I could connect to them. Even my few online friends... I talk to them in a group, but I don't feel I belong there. They are very close to being like me, but the small differences there are, make it feel like I'm an outsider looking in. These situations don't happen that often, but they make me feel very lonely.

There is more to say, but I'll leave it at this. I don't believe this will be read by many anyway.
>>
Don't know what to say dude, there doesn't seem to be a light at the end of the tunnel.

In regards to no drink and drugs and partying, you're basically a square, especially these days. People like us used to have our geeky niches and video games to retreat to but all that has become popular.
>>
>>17579064
I just wish I had someone, at least one person, to relate to.
>>
>>17579076
Just curious but where do you live?

I live in a gentrifying estate starting to flood with hipsters, never had anyone to relate back before and definitely can't relate to the hipsters that live here now.
>>
>>17579106
I live in western Norway. Not really a problem with the people here compared to other places. I'm just too different. I know it sounds stupid, but I honestly don't like it when other people say they are different, because they don't know how normal they actually are.
>>
>>17578997
Have you ever thought about autism?
>>
>>17579123
>I know it sounds stupid, but I honestly don't like it when other people say they are different, because they don't know how normal they actually are.

I know a person or two that like to claim they're introverted loners and in the next minute they walk up to random strangers and get them talking.

(It was also the point I realized that they were hipsters cos I assumed that you couldn't come from a poor background to be a hipster.)
>>
>>17578998
possibly depression.
probably antisocial disorder.
therapist not to change your views. but to help you look at yourself from different perspective. highly recommend
>>
>>17580086
Not really. I've met people with aspergers, and I'm not like that.

>>17580244
Mhm. I have thought about it, but the thing is that I can't get myself to see one. Sometimes I convince myself I don't have any problems, and sometimes that a therapist wouldn't help at all even if I have.
>>
I'll tell you again to see a psychologist, but you can of course continue trying to solve this by yourself. You describe yourself as odd, not like lmao xD random, but actually odd. However, you see all these people with high functioning Autism and stuff living happy lives, so my guess is that you have the capacity to do better than them, but not if you refuse help.
>>
>>17581479
If I continue on, perhaps I will see one. I'm not confident it will change anything though, but maybe worth it as a last resort.
>>
>>17578997
>I don't understand why anyone would want to do drugs

>Hands you a blotter
>Have fun on your trip.
>>
>>17578997

You sound based,I could be friends with you irl. Reminds me of someone I met off 4chan whose only friend I am.
>>
Sounds like you have symptoms of autism, only paired with unusual traits. Not being interested in conversation is classic. Are there topics that do interest you?

I would suggest going to see a therapist, simply having someone obliged to listen to you can help by itself.
>>
>>17578997
Go to a shrink. The meds you'll get will make it better, trust me.
>>
>There are many people (online) who tell me to see a psychologist,
>but I can't see how that will change anything.
>My view of life is way too engraved in my mind.

Remember at one point we used to kill people for being witches. Like, the human mind is incredibly strong to the point where we convince ourselves of things. Of course you won't see how that will help, but does that mean it won't help?

The function of depression is to close your mind to all ways out, it's a trap, and traps are designed to keep you inside them. Actually, any suggestion 'out' will not feel right to you, but you need to move beyond 'feel'.

Further, for some people any form of therapy doesn't work because they won't let it. Again, it's not really therapy (or any other solution) that's the problem, but the trap of remaining depressed.

tl;dr - depression affects judgement, forcing you to rule out things that you don't "feel" will work
>>
File: 1464687540654.jpg (51KB, 350x392px) Image search: [Google]
1464687540654.jpg
51KB, 350x392px
>>17578997

>I'm just different.

You are purposefully distancing yourself from people. I don't know what it is in you thats actively preventing you from developing meaningful relationships but what I can tell you is that you've convinced yourself you're too much of an "outsider" to have good friendships and its a crock of shit.

>There are many people (online) who tell me to see a psychologist, but I can't see how that will change anything.

Another example. Psychologists are people trained in helping treat and diagnose the kind of social issues you have and you are purposefully avoiding it, stating that you're just too "stuck in your ways".

You aren't stuck. You've dug your feet into the sand because the idea of wandering out of your comfort zone and confronting some of your world views terrifies you.

You need professional help and so long as you come up for excuses for why you don't need it things will only stay the same, if not get worse.

There is absolutely no reason you can't develop friendships and learn how to socialize better, the only difference being that learning to do this takes work that you aren't willing to put in at the moment.

Its perfectly fine to feel lonely and separated from the social goals you'd like to meet but from one anxiety/socially awkward person to another you're feeling sorry for yourself while doing nothing about it and its bullshit.
>>
Op, you are me. At least I know what is wrong with me though. I had encephalitis that completely fried parts of my brain, forever dooming me to live a life on the outside looking in, because all the drugs are therapy for the past 20 years has done nothing. You cannot regrow parts of the brain.
I am also straightedge. Life has been hell. Also a NEET due to the mental and physical problems. No one understands or relates, even with shoving a medical reason behind my constant isolation and failures.
You know what I do? Roleplay. I escape reality by pretending to live in another world--be another person. I don't mean the cyber sex shit of *kisses u*
But long, multi paragraph, descriptive, novella writing with another person where I can just forget it all, all day long. Look into novella rp.
>>
>>17582374
>>17582404
>>17582460
I'm not sure how to respond, but thanks for the advice.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.