[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, I am asking for a few opinions. I work for a valet company,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: index.jpg (7KB, 212x152px) Image search: [Google]
index.jpg
7KB, 212x152px
So, I am asking for a few opinions. I work for a valet company, and I am also an accounting student (you will need this info to understand)

I didn't work today, because I have not been paid in 5 weeks, and I thought the companies practices were a little shady when i confronted him about pay.)

Reasons:
> Owner said their accountant handles pay. (we have about 20-40 employees, no need for payroll help I think)
> When I confronted him, he told me not to question the worth of their accountant, he did more than just payroll, and he also is their lawyer.
I only mentioned that I was an accounting student and I have done an internship. I also mentioned to him that I think that even if he does do payroll, they are overpaying him, because to do outsource payroll for a small business is not necessary.

Furthermore, he has always been late on checks, my coworker has seen the owner himself using chase quickpay infront of him. And lastly there are times when I don't get a reply from him or lies about pay.

>Inb4 You should quit.
>>
>5 weeks

Kek where the fuck do you live
>>
>>17578830
I have a full ride + scholarships that pay for my rent. I use the money I get from my job for misc items. such as alcohol.

>Also I had a little too many drinks tonight, so I apologize for my spelling and word choice ahead of time.
>>
Your company sucks.
But you already knew that.

>I didn't work today, because I have not been paid in 5 weeks
This is unprofessional. You should notify them before you take such an action - even if they are in the wrong.

>I also mentioned to him that I think that even if he does do payroll, they are overpaying him, because to do outsource payroll for a small business is not necessary.
Never, EVER, badmouth someone else. This is true in a personal setting, and doubly so in a professional one. You live and die by your connections. Always speak favourably of the people you work with. If can't literally think of anything positive to say, just shut up.

>Furthermore, he has always been late on checks, my coworker has seen the owner himself using chase quickpay infront of him.
Also, avoid gossiping like hell. Getting paid is your concern - this isn't

>And lastly there are times when I don't get a reply from him or lies about pay.
Just tell him you don't work for free. Give advance notice of this. You bet he will reply (or fire you)
>>
>>17578838
Also, I am just asking for opinions, I just want to understand if I am crazy or not.
>>
>>17578842
Thanks for the advice. I do appreciate it. Also, I did notify him ahead of time that i will not be showing up. He said his brother will be by before he goes to work to drop off my pay. I messaged his brother, and he had no clue of it and was at work already anyway.
>>
>>17578842
I also confronted him about his comment, because I did not think it was true. The business is nowhere near professional anyway, I don't even think we are in the books, because I did not get a W4. And I thought if the accountant was fine with this, this is tax evasion and fraud. But I do understand that I should not have said that, I was just angry that he could b.s. me like that for the past 3 weeks.
>>
>>17578850
Don't show up until they pay you. Chances are they won't, but hey - you didn't want to work for them anyway

>>17578862
It's really hard to be professional when people around you are not, but try your best

>But I do understand that I should not have said that, I was just angry that he could b.s. me like that for the past 3 weeks.
Yeah, that sucks. Take this as a hard learned lesson and stand up for yourself sooner next time
Good luck
>>
>>17578874
Thanks a lot, seems like I am not crazy, just didn't know better.

Also, he did mention that it was his accountant's fault before I blew up on him. (I do not think there is any way his accountant does his payroll...)
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.