[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Dating Single Mothers

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

File: 1474121455617.jpg (45KB, 800x591px) Image search: [Google]
1474121455617.jpg
45KB, 800x591px
What does /adv/ think of dating single mothers? At what age do you stop ruling them out, if at all?

What if you find the perfect girl only to then find out she has a child, what do? Especially when they show interest in you so it feels even more compelling to put it aside?
>>
I'm 28. Dated a single mother. The daughter was really you guys and didn't have a rebellious attitude to me or anything. I really learned to care strongly about both of them but it didn't work out.
>>
It really doesn't matter what /adv/ thinks. If you're a guy thinking of dating one, what matters is what you thinks. If you're a girl who is one, there'll be a guy out there who'll date you. And in either case, it needs to be remembered that /adv/ and 4chan in general does not share opinions that are representative of the real world.
>>
>>17578778
You guys= young. Not sure what happened there
>>
Something about bringing up someoine elses child is extremely off putting and would probably create a barricade in my head, but if the mother is extremely lovely, it would be hard to reject her just based on that.
>>
>>17578787
Again I am just saying on paper. My father married my mother who had 2 children from her ex so yeah, I have two stepbrothers. And my father was the best he could possibly be to them. I guess love is all that matters in the end.
>>
>>17578790
>I have two stepbrothers
Do you mean half-brothers? Your mother's two previous children would be your father's step children, but your half-brothers. When you have step-siblings, you're not related to them at all.
>>
File: 897650356.png (18KB, 509x411px) Image search: [Google]
897650356.png
18KB, 509x411px
>>17578778
I'm 5 years older than the girl (25 vs 20) but I don't feel responsible enough to be in a relationship with a mother. I still live at home earning money from doing odd jobs here and there, essentially a neet lifestyle. I'm not even looking for anything serious so I feel that it's morally a bad thing to do as there's a child involved and it'd take my 100% commitment.

Not that she'd expect anything from me, she probably just wants something casual as well. The point stands though, it feels like a bad decision as I think I'd ultimately let her down which would affect the child, I think a single mother should be very selective with her potential partners. I dunno man.
>>
Never. Nothing says that a woman is unavailable in every single way than her having a child. I think it's totally irresponsible to seek out partners as a single parent. One, why would one go on with a relationship with the slightest thought or possibility that someone would or could rope them into your mistake, and two, you have more important things to do than try to hookup or, again, dump your burden or mistake onto someone just as dumb as you.
>>
>>17578787
Bringing up someone elses kid.

or

Having someone else bring up your kid because the mother rejected you.

Which one do you think would feel worse?
>>
>>17578802

Then I wouldn't if I were you. You're not ready, and she probably isn't either. I think you have to think about the kid and their feelings too. If you're not in it 100% I don't think it's good for them
>>
>>17578814
Yeah exactly, like I said it seems a bad thing to do morally. That being said I'm getting incredibly ahead of myself, but I thought I might as well see what others have experienced before I attempt anything.

Sad thing is she actually seems legit, and in all honesty I'm pretty depressed and lonely so would take a single mother, especially since she's easily the most attractive woman to show interest in me for a while (if ever). I got dumped a few months ago and since then have realised finding another attractive gf is a lot harder than it seemed the last time round. Not only that but I've barely done anything since, I don't go out, I don't even speak to anyone. My life feels fucking empty right now so my conflicting thoughts are doing me no favours.
>>
>>17578810

2 of course, but from the perspective of the potential partner of the single mother, how would it matter to me?
>>
>>17578810
The latter would feel awful.
>>
>>17578888
Trying to point out that the position of a stepfather isn't something to be insecure about, like a lot of /adv/ likes to claim.
Most of the time you are not getting someones sloppy seconds, but rather filling boots that the biological father couldn't.
>>
Nope, never date a single mother. She will always put the kid before you, and if she doesn't she's a terrible parent anyway and should be stayed far away from.
>>
>>17578849
I mean if you are dating her in spite of the fact she has a kid then move right along.
>>
>>17578772

I've always been under the impression that they're single mothers for a reason. Consider that.
>>
>>17578849
Too much over thinking. Just take it one day at a time and if you enjoy being with her then so be it.
>>
>>17579750
That's a retarded line of thinking
>>
>>17578772
I'd definitely be weirded out by it, especially if it was a half black kid, ugh. But thats just me, if youre ok with it then thats perfectly fine
>>
>>17579750
Yes and that reason is they took a penis to the vagina,

Christ can you get more simple in logic, what a dickhead.
>>
>>17578772
If a single woman has a child then you assess her as a woman and a mother. She has to be a suitable partner for you, and show that she is a good parent to her child.

You should say, I would look at her behaviour and beliefs with more scrutiny.
>>
>>17579878
This is what I want to do. However I still can't help but feel inadequate. She has shit to deal with, I don't know how I'd deal with it, I barely cope with my own pitiful existence.

Right now I just feel conflicted, it seems like a decision that I could potentially regret, I could even do some real harm. Yet at the same time she's the only woman who seems to want to give me a chance, and in my depressed state that makes it ridiculously tempting to put aside my preconceptions about single mothers. I realise this doesn't make me seem like a very good person.
>>
>>17578772
>What does /adv/ think of dating single mothers?
"/adv/" has no position on dating single mothers; individuals may, but the group does not.

The /r9k/ers raiding us are another matter, but they don't know the first thing about what they're talking about anyway. They're just jealous of the idea that their partner has more sexual experience than they do. Pay them no mind.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.