[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anxiety over everything

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

Hey guys, I’ve had giant levels of anxiety for the past month. It all started off with tumblr of all places, I started seeing posts about how you can’t like cartoons and be in fandoms if you’re over 25+ and over 20. How you can’t ship characters, if you’re autistic you should not stim. I got upset about all this so I stopped doing all these things. Of course this caused me to get giant levels of anxiety, I questioned everything. Like why I can’t like this, how can other people justify their own interests if I can’t justify my own, and boy did I start applying that logic to everything. I questioned why people liked anything, since everyone has an opposing view on other people’s likes. The next thing I did was start looking at peoples ages because you apparently can’t follow teenagers if you’re over a certain age, I already had issues with seeing younger artists do better art than me so this was a bother. Next I tried finding other fans that were older than me, and this is where it got catastrophic, I started fearing my own appearance, how I’ll inevitably turn old if I live long but how even that won’t last.
>>
>>17577200
Here is the point where I fixated on time and death, how everything is temporary, everything I do is meaningless. That everything I love will die some day and there’s no point doing anything now. I would say this is where everything went terrible for me. Everything I look at has death and time as its main themes, I look at people and see how they would either age or just die. It all seems pointless to me, I stopped myself from committing suicide because of my loved ones but I can’t stop thinking how even they will go away too, I don’t want to lose anything but naturally I will. This is where my anxiety level is right now, I would say it comes and goes. Though I’d like to know if anyone else has catastrophized to this level and had fear over everything and what they did to combat it, suggestions would be great.
>>
>>17577200
i think u like that shit at an old age because u never tried out adult hobbies.
>>
>>17577383
not op
adult hobbies are expensive garbage
>>
>>17577383
Not OP but I have a few adult hobbies (working on my motorcycle, scuba, fitness), and I enjoy fandom shit anyway. It's not a big deal, don't be a dick.
>>
First off, you CAN do whatever the fuck you want.

"uwu don follu meh if u post mah kin" bullshit is unenforcable. If you care what the person thinks/how they feel, do as they ask. If you think they're full of stupid shit, that's okay too.

I'm 22 and have a few different blogs, most of which are SFW and so I follow and am followed by a lot of teens. Teens that specifically ask not to be followed by adults are in the VAST minority. So don't sweat that shit.

Moving on.
So okay you've discovered existential angst. I could tell you who to read to wallow in it or what therapy techniques are recommended for it but from someone who has felt this way since they were very young...I didn't feel like anything helped me.

Meds help me focus on it less so I can actually function and invest in my (temporary) future.

By the way, I'm not as good as a lot of younger artists either, but I know I can get that good. When I see great art I don't judge it based on the relative age of the artist. I think we worry to much about that.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.