[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

First World Problems Abound

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: Confused-Baby[1].jpg (21KB, 360x262px) Image search: [Google]
Confused-Baby[1].jpg
21KB, 360x262px
When I was 18 I thought to myself - "When I've got my own house, a good car & decent job, I'll know I've made it. That's when I'll be happy." I'm now 24, and have achieved the lot, even have a fuck buddy. So there - life goals achieved. I live in England by the way, I feel that's a detail that needs to be in there for some reason.

Everything achieved...yet I'm still miserable and constantly have this heavy, underlying and unending depression. I feel angry at myself for feeling this way - surely I should just snap out of this? I even resent talking so self-centrally. Relatively speaking I'm leading a very privileged life for someone of my age, although I have worked for it. I live on my own, though that is how I have always preferred it and don't feel inherently lonely. I see a girl every week and that's slowly developing into a relationship.

Although I don't necessarily feel lonely, I feel mentally isolated from the world, am intensely cynical of everything and everyone and find myself reducing people and practices to primitive motives. A lot less makes me laugh than it used to. Over the last two years I've felt a strong pull towards right-wing "red-pilled" politics and invest far too much time looking into and feeling disdain for how blind left-wingers are to reality. I've started too think far too primitively and politically. People I used to think were funny now just piss me off because all I see is how blue-pilled their thinking is. I have severe anxiety and get disproportionately stressed-out at things that happen at work. I procrastinate like hell. Even from things that aren't necessarily considered chores. I'll procrastinate better than the best. It ruins my weekends. I don't feel happy about who I am and don't know what principles I believe in. I don't know what principles I should live my life by and I don't feel like I've developed a personal identity. I know this is all so trivial but I'd really appreciate any advice. Is this an existential crisis?
>>
File: 1473922391099.gif (146KB, 300x375px) Image search: [Google]
1473922391099.gif
146KB, 300x375px
>>17575295
You ran out of challenges. Your previous one was to achieve what you got now, but after you achieve it then what then? Gotta look for something new and exciting to your your blood pumping and give you thrills. Maybe an exciting new hobby? Traveling to exotic places? Or just jump right off a plane and straight into skydiving? Think about it, it's like video games. Once you beat them there isn't much left to do but in reality there are many paths you could take.
>>
>>17575295
The brain likes to believe that, if a certain goal is achieved, you will feel eternally accomplished.

That's not the case, but it's a good mechanism to get you to be productive.

You need to always have a goal and always be growing as a person, or you will stagnate and feel like shit.

There's a reproductive aspect to this aswell; people who feel comfortable with their lives and are not constantly struggling to grow or improve or accomplish something have a reduced chance at procreation.

When I find the source for this again, I'll come back and post it.
>>
>>17575295
> Is this an existential crisis?
Yes welcome to your twenties. Im right there with you.
>>
Thanks all it's good to get some confirmation... time to take some action. Just need to figure out how to develop life principles...
>>
>>17575295

Sounds like you need a 2 week vacation somewhere far away. Volunteer for a relief effort somewhere and see something different for a while.
>>
>>17575295
You're like a gamer who hit maximum level in an MMORPG and have no clue what to do anymore.
Join a choir, men's or mixed. It'll bring you a healthy new community to participate in, and put your mind on other things.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.