[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

General flirting/dating advice

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 1471620337162.jpg (5KB, 206x245px) Image search: [Google]
1471620337162.jpg
5KB, 206x245px
Hey, I have some questions about flirting that my friends haven't been able to answer in much depth. I'm a virgin who's never dated or even kissed anyone. I don't consider myself to have that much spaghetti in my pockets, but whenever I start talking to someone I'm interested in, I always just end up being on friendly/platonic terms with them. I'm hoping for a romantic relationship, instead of a one night stand- is there anything I should be doing? I'm an 18 year old female. Any advice is appreciated and I will try to engage with anything related to dating that you are struggling with.
>>
>>17574499
What country are you in? Somewhat important.
>>
>>17574499

Lets do this

You end up on platonic terms because you didn't show signs that you like the guy. Just having awesome conversation about random stuff is not enough. Sometimes you have to take initiative and give guy confidence boost. Be creative with it.

Keep looking deep into his eyes don't cross arms. You be the one to set up next date etc

I'm saying this because when I was 19 I was very shy I could talk with anyone but I didn't know what else to do and so I made friendship where there could be relationship. It is sad because i needed only little from her but she was equally shy and intimidated by my ability to converse.

Now your turn to answer me something. I'm 24 what do you think about guys my age ?
>>
A qt who works at my college coffee shop i go to often complimented my radiohead shirt.

How does one go about flirting with a coffee shop cashier while there are (probably) people behind you in line without turning into autism, we have small talked b4 and she seems into me

She takes some classes around the same buildings as me but I rarely see her around the hallways, only know she has a shift on fridays
>>
Try taking initiative lots of eye contact, be clear but subtle about your interest with them.
>>
>>17574499
I struggle in a very similar way, but I did have a one-off date that normal social people probably get a lot more of than us. We met at a party of mostly close friends, so I didn't think it weird when she asked for my number. In our texts, I remember speciffically that I mentioned I could say the alphabet backwards and she asked when she'd have the opportunity to see that first-hand.
It was much smoother than I make it sound, but basically she made it clear that she wanted to arrange a time to meet up in person, and I happened to want that too. When setting up what to do and when, we planned on being alone together around town. I imagine that if we had hit it off, we would have made a second date.
Problem was she spent the entire second half of the date making blunt sexual innuendos while NOT ACTUALLY WANTING TO ENGAGE IN ANYTHING SEXUAL making that afternoon the most torturous and awkward afternoon I have ever had in my fucking life. But I digress

If your biggest issue is what I assumed it was, having difficulty moving an early friendship towards a relationship, then the thing that would work on me, and has worked on me in other scenarios, is setting up one-on-one meet-ups to talk while doing something. Just a detailed and more practical understand of the largely unhelpful advice: "just ask them out"
>>
>>17574499
>>17575574
Do let me know if that actually wasn't your biggest issue
>>
>>17574499

Here is a tip: guys are oblivious to hints, especially if they are as nervous as you.

Be yourself and be upfront. If you must, use hints, if hints dont work, use the hammer.
>>
>>17574499
You're a female. You are in control whether you know it or not.
Men traditionally make the moves. But they only make them when they feel like they'll get a positive response.
In today times men are even more fearful of being too forward because even breathing on someone the wrong way can be seen as rape.
So as a female (if men is what you're after) you need to give them some signals back that you want them to make moves on you.
Be available, tell them your plans and how you don't have any, tell the ones you think are cute things you like about them, and so on.
Look attractive. Or just try your best in that department. Hetero guys above all are very judgmental when it comes to who they'd proudly wear on their arm.
You don't need to be model grade attractive, just the best you can be.
But even though the it's traditionally the guys job to do the asking, I'd personally be surprised and more than willing if a woman asked me out.
Even if it's something cliche like coffee or a movie. Be bold. Be confident. Make a fool of your self. It's probably worth it.
>>
>>17575728
Amen
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.