[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm stuck in life

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: Evalionmaga.jpg (43KB, 671x555px) Image search: [Google]
Evalionmaga.jpg
43KB, 671x555px
20, turning 21 in 9 months. Don't have a job.

>Tried college for the first year after i graduated high school
>fucking flunked everything except two classes
>Parents are nagging me to continue with school.
>I honestly have no idea what I want to do in life or where I'm headed
>just an hour ago I was scrolling through all my previous posts on Facebook that go back almost to three years ago.
>Almost shed a year seeing how happy and full of life I used to be
>Surrounded by friends
>Had very loving girlfriend
>the world seemed limitless
>I used to be the in the best shape of my life
>could bench 150 lbs (my bodyweight)
>could run 2 miles in 13 and a half minutes
>now
>complete empty shell that barely resembles what I used to be
>Unfit
>unemployed
>alone
>All my friends are gone, as soon alone I left high school everybody disappeared. The ones that stayed disappeared over time.
>all I do nowadays is hide in my room, I've only gone out the house 3 times in the last month and a half.
>Literally a full summer of being locked inside
>Mostly spend my day just listening to Trap and Horror core while playing Rainbow six siege

My ex has her own apartment now with her fuckboi of a BF, almost everyone I know is already getting their own apartments, or have a plan in life.

Part of me wants to try to go to school again, because I know I'd be really proud if I were able to get a bachelor's in an university. But another part of me is unsure as to whether I can even go through fully. I'm scared that I'm just lying to myself again only to fuck up and crash my hopes.

Another part tells me to work at the airport with my dad and start off from there and just work my way up. But I fear that what if I can't hold the job? Where would I go? I wouldn't have the education to go forward.

I feel ashamed of being 20 and still living with my parents, but maybe if I'm patient I can go through college and score a well paying job?

What's your experience /adv/?

How would/did you handle this?
>>
Why did you flunk everything? Are you actually unfit for traditional school (don't be ashamed, theres more people this happens to than you think) or were you depressed?

People work at mcdonalds with barely a ged to make it to manager status as an end goal. I don't know what working at an airport would end up as but it's probably loads more opportunity than mcdnalds. Jobs are not hard. You just need to show up on time and use common sense.

I get the feeling maybe trying a job at the airport would be a better idea before trying college--seems like you need to learn how to organize your life first, show yourself that you can complete something, don't rely on dad's money only... and a job would help without putting you into debt like college would.
>>
>>17574231
I flunked everything because I guess you could say I had a hard time paying attention. Or just working on school overall. I was never a good student I guess. I lacked the discipline.

I want to, but then my mom complains about it and guilt trips me.
>>
>>17574252
You know yourself better than anyone. If you go to college now, without having solved your issues that caused you to fail before, this will not end well. And you're in a worse state mentally than you were before. Get a job, any job, move out of the house so your mom isn't controlling you anymore. You're 20 years old and you let your mother guilt trip you? You will go to college someday and probably soon if you can save up some money first and get loans. There is no shame in entering the workforce op. You need to do something for yourself.

Practice healthy living and get yourself into the best mental state as it seems you can't afford a counselor right now. You can do that by working out again (the purpose is just for you to be able to accomplish something and feel pride in that accomplishment, which will in turn help you with disclipline). You are not unintelligent op. It is ok to fail, but you need to work to overcome that failure
>>
>>17574266
Just passing through. Agree with this anon
>>
>>17574266
I fucking love you anon, thank you so much. I'm kinda shedding tears right now, but you're absolutely right. I need to get my act together, even if I have to start from the ground. I'll need to talk to my parents today then.
>>
>>17574302
No problem anon. I was in your shoes once. I found a thing that worked for me and now i will graduate soon. You can do it. Don't let people convince you otherwise of something you know of yourself. You are human and have limits. You might slip back a few times and that's ok, just keep looking forward. You will feel so good once you can stand up by yourself.

I don't know your parents but they might like having a timeline of your plan because it seems they also really want you to go to college. Phrase it along the lines of 'the job is temporary/get you back on your feet so you can get ready for college. because you are determined to succeed the next time you go to uni' and have them involved a little in your college search/application so you can have their support. while you buy time to figure out what you really want to do. Do some workbooks and brush up on basic maths and english. I believe you can do it anon!
>>
>>17574321
I've never gotten that from them, is always been about pushing me to be the best that I couldn't be. I don't know how to thank you anon, but I will try and get my act together now. I hope everything goes well in your life, and karma gives pays you positively for what you've done today. Again, thank you so much. Whenever I'm stuck, I'll think of your words.
>>
OP we're in the same boat. My story is just a little different though.

Turns out during highschool I actually had sleep apnea. That sleep apnea deprived my brain of oxygen for a combined total of 2 hours every night for 8 years before being diagnosed. I didn't get any restful sleep and basically this really hurt my ability to concentrate during the day. So I did poorly in school.

Right now i'm living with my parents and i've tried to study to start preparing for college but honestly i'm almost convinced the sleep apnea just did me in. I can't begin to tell you how unbelievably hard it is to try and study and retain new information now. My brain just gives up and burns out and everything i'm reading to learn just bounces off and doesn't stick.
But even I OP, even I am not down and out just yet. I am still challenging myself to see if I can get better at studying. And it is true that the brain does heal itself some after retrieving treatment for this. So maybe after i've exercised and been on this treatment for a year i'll be much better at studying.

I think in the end we will find our way out of this and its best to avoid the temptation to feel like we've permanently lost in our way in life. The answers will come if we search for them.
I am confident you will find the answers you need to make a good decision to put your life back on track. Don't get hung up on being worried that you can't think of anything. Because you will eventually think of something.
>>
>>17574397
I wish you the same luck anon, we're both stuck but you're in a deeper problem. Yet you're moving ahead to fix it. I admire that. I hope you overcome anon, I really do.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.