[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do I get over my self conscience?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 5

File: 1464452358958.jpg (45KB, 520x293px) Image search: [Google]
1464452358958.jpg
45KB, 520x293px
I've never felt like I was a bad looking guy, but for some reason whenever I try to go up to talk with a girl I loose confidence and end up just walking past her like she just happened to be on my route to some place out. Any advice to calm my nerves when going to talk to a cute girl?
>>
Everyone is different so what might help others may not help you.

These things worked for me.
1- stop caring what they will think. Youll never see them again if nothing comes of it anyways.
2- treat it like a game. Go up to women with the sole intention of slowly working out of your anxiety, look at them as objects and tools to better yourself before you move on to bugger and better goals.
3- understand that most people have these anxieties also, given our day and age. By taking that first step and even saying hello you're a bigger man then most.
>>
>>17573675
Sounds easy enough, any advice for coming up with good conversations starters with strangers I doubt saying hello to 100 women would be very effective.
>>
>>17573668
get a haircut, choose better clothes, and see how you look without that stache

E
Z

otherwise there's no hope and I can direct you to a good ropesmith if you'd like
>>
>>17573680
First understand that having a conversation and being talked at are two different things. They will have to contribute just as much in response as you do it greeting.
Dont get discouraged if they are putting forward effort, just say your farewell and move on.

Simple shit like "how was/is your day so far" and following up their response with a "why" can get the ball rolling. Depending on how detailed they want to get with you will let you springboard into talking about interests and so on.

Or you can just try experimenting with different approaches.
Again, theres nothing wrong with doing and saying things just to see reactions and learn from it.
Dont be afraid of "failure". You only fail if you give up and stop seeking improvment.
>>
File: 02 (1).jpg (49KB, 540x720px) Image search: [Google]
02 (1).jpg
49KB, 540x720px
>>17573699
Short hair
>>
>>17573699
No facial hair
>>
>>17573668
You should shave properly. Atm it looks like you're trying to grow a full beard, but ist doesn't work. That makes you look somewhat greasy.
>>
>>17573711
>>17573715
That guy again, yeah shaved really looks best, keep it that way.
>>
>>17573717
Wait really O.o it looks like I have a baby face.
>>
>>17573680

If you want to approch girls do it on night out like friday and saturday. This is the time when girls want to be hit on and noticing girls that want it are easy to spot.

It is good to exchange glances with girl before approching this way she can give you approval before even starting up. So you
don't approch out of the blue and take her by supprise.

When you approch play safe and open with simple stuff like saying hi and introducing your self and after that you act based on their reaction. don't be afraid to apprich group.
>>
>>17573742
Damn, I work in the restaurant industry (night shift) getting those days off is nearly impossible especially on a weekly basis.
>>
>>17573725
Nah, you're just looking young. Still way better than a tryhard beard.
>>
>>17573753

You can't be working same shift every weekend or day for that matter. Bars that full of people are also good place to go.
Bring some friends for social proof and you are golden.
Have fun meet people, and after you meet girls you are interestedand show interest follow up tommorow to get
rapport and maybe set up real date.

Just think like this where ever you go and things will happen
and as you accumulate experiance you will do better in many different situations.

You will fail and not every night is going to give you opportunity but that is part of the game.
>>
>>17573711
>>17573708
>>17573711
long hair + shaved
short hair + facial hair

those two work for you., although I'd say the long hair + shaved is way better. although it could be the glasses that I hate in the short hair pic.

desu tho the short hair pic makes u look mexican, or at least hispanic
the long hair makes you look more like a whiteguy

white is objectively more attractive
>>
>>17573788
Here's one without glasses, ignore the "piercings I was working on a Halloween costume for a party I was going to and testing out some fake piercings.
>>
>>17573668
Don't go talk to them.
Know your place, these things aren't for everyone.
>>
>>17573803
If by know your place you mean only talking to people I happen to work then yeah. I don't lack confidence its more the not having anything to talk about that gets me with strangers. I can talk for hours with coworkers but there aren't as many chances for someone who likes you and that you like too so I want to expand my dating pool so to say.
>>
>>17573799
great hair

>>17573711
>>17573799
honestly, with the right attitude and company you could pull at least 6/10s
>>
>>17573813
6/10s so like girls that are anywhere from 6 to 10?
>>
>>17573815
not 6-10s
6/10s
that's 6 OR 10s

and yes
>>
>>17573816
So short hair with some length and no facial hair? With a great attitude?
>>
>>17573818

>>17573711
desu this is my fav

look like a real bro
so if this is the one you mean, then yes
>>
>>17573799
kek are you fukken serious m8
>>
>>17573836
Kek xD Obviously not, the fake piercings are ridiculous but the I liked the hair I had back then.
>>
>>17573711
When you looked like this you had qts to pose with so obviously you need to look like this again.
>>
File: 1471960822495.jpg (25KB, 512x288px) Image search: [Google]
1471960822495.jpg
25KB, 512x288px
>>17573838
Almost all of my friends are chicks, regardless oh how I look I've always been able to hang around women typically ones I meet at work or through mutual friends. I mean hell here's a me looking the same as the original photo with a qt.
>>
>>17573711
You actually look really good clean-shaven. Call it baby-face if you want, but I think you look good. A lot better than OP pic at least, that mustache doesn't really work for you. Reminds me of my mustache if I grew it out.

The long hair's fine though. Probably a personal taste matter for women, but I think you pull it off well when you're shaven.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.