[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there something sort of like Kickstarter that will: - Allow

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

Is there something sort of like Kickstarter that will:
- Allow people to donate money to me as a sort of 'thanks' for doing a project?
- Automatically stop allowing donations from anyone once a certain goal is reached (probably less than 100 USD)?
- Not have a set end-date?
- Will not reject something based on 'adult' material?

I'm planning on paying an artist to make a decensor mod for a visual novel, but after doing so, I'd like people to be able to donate to me so I can recoup those costs. But I don't want to profit off it either, so once I've recovered my losses I don't want to keep donations open.

Any ideas?
>>
Have you considered Patreon?
>>
>>17573389
20% of red cross relief funds go to the actual project. the rest pays people off.
>>
>>17573455
I thought Patreon was for ongoing content creation. This is really just a one-off, with a set funding goal.

And I don't want all the bells and whistles, like 'funding goals' or special treatment. The simpler the better.

>>17573487
Yeah, but this is pictures of naked people doing the horizontal mambo, not the red cross. I'm creating and distributing the mod for free, but I'm paying for the artist to make the art. I only want a chance to possibly reimburse my costs if people enjoy the mod, nothing more.
>>
>>17573525
but what is the donation going to? you need to make donations worthy of being donations. open a separate account for this and profit off of this in the long-run. you want a quick buck but you can use your money to make more money later on.
>>
>>17573531
The donation will be going only toward reimbursing me for the costs I incur in creating the mod.

To make that mod, I will have spent my own money to pay the artist (about $80). I'm going to pay this out of my own pocket to get the mod made. The mod will then be made freely available for anyone to download.

However, I'd like to include a link in the readme of the mod, so that if anyone is feeling grateful and generous, they can send me a buck or two as means of thanks, which will help make up for the money I had to spend in creating the mod.

If enough people do this - enough that it's fully repaid what I had to spend to make the mod - I don't want/need any more money.

Basically: I want to be nice and make a mod that's freely available for everyone, but at the same time, it would be good if I could do that without having lost too much money in the process.

And it's not a quick buck thing - it's quite possible I'll never make all the money back.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.