[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I just sort of broke up with my girlfriend. This is the first

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 1411029556923.jpg (114KB, 900x1117px) Image search: [Google]
1411029556923.jpg
114KB, 900x1117px
I just sort of broke up with my girlfriend. This is the first time I've ever done something like this and it feels like shit.

The relationship was 70% good, 10% bad, 20% not quite right. I'm not quite sure if the things I found bad or not quite right were worth breaking up over:
- she's a little naive and idealistic despite being fairly smart and well-educated
- she talks a little loud
- she's clumsy
- she's not a great conversationalist or socializer
- she's got asthma and dyslexia
- she has the fashion sense of an eighth grader
- she was a 6/10 on looks... although I'm really not sure how decisive this was. Am I kidding myself about this point? Not sure.

I could send her a letter to try and patch things up, but am not sure if I should. Yes, yes, get over it, but consider the following:
- I'm 28, am on a very windy career path, and am currently fairly broke
- I'm not attractive to most people
>>
>>17572595
This isn't gonna sound nice, but I'm not looking to offend you, I just mean it:

Don't be with someone just because you can't fucking score better. It's more pathetic than being alone.
>>
imagine a person breaks up with you and then writes you a letter soon after asking to get back together. that's not good. you should have an honest conversation about it, not a letter.
>>
OP forgot something:
- while she was much better than some other women in being not moody (or mood swingy) at all, she was really bad at handling external pressure and would have nervous breakdowns; for example, if under work pressure, or school deadlines. I'm at the age where I'm starting to think that's not someone I want raising my kids some day. But is it fair to hold that against someone when they might just be showing you their more vulnerable side and in reality *everyone* has these sorts of episodes?

>>17572600

It's not only that I don't want to be alone. It's also that I don't want too many regrets in my life - other lives that I never lived and that I'll have to look back and think about for the rest of my days.

>>17572619
I feel like I'm much better at getting my thoughts out correctly in written words. But I guess you're right.
>>
>>17572647
Has it occurred to you that you might just have become bored with the relationship and started seeing the worst side of it? You rated it as 70% good.

Also,
>I feel like I'm much better at getting my thoughts out correctly in written words
Not a crime. Just personally hand her the letter and have her read it in front of you.
>>
I broke up with a girl who shared the same characteristics you mentioned in your OP. Bright girl but lacked a sort of intuition that I'm attracted to. When I wanted to reach out to her I just reminded myself of the reason I left her. Just move on.
>>
>>17572681
>Has it occurred to you that you might just have become bored with the relationship and started seeing the worst side of it? You rated it as 70% good.

Absolutely yes. But the question is: aren't most relationships 70% good and the rest just adapted to and worked around? Or should I be aiming higher? I've certainly come down from initial bliss, but I can't tell if the new normal is acceptable.
>>
>>17572715
Doesn't this create a vicious circle, tho?

>Get in another relationship
>70% good, 30% workaround
>Come down from initial bliss
>Is this acceptable? Should I be aiming higher?

I fear I can provide limited input. The "you" you are showing is very introverted and will only take your own answers.
>>
>>17572733

I have in fact thought about this a lot. We were together nearly two years, and I kind of knew from the second month that she wasn't perfect in any sense.

I guess I just want to see what others think. I'm lost in this middle ground... not sure if I threw away a good thing and should try to get her back, or whether I ended something that was definitely going to go bad. I just want to know if I accorded the right 'weight' to each consideration.
>>
>>17572595

Did you fuck her three holes?
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.