[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have this feeling, some kind of longing, for something. I don't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 478181_20.jpg (83KB, 933x622px) Image search: [Google]
478181_20.jpg
83KB, 933x622px
I have this feeling, some kind of longing, for something. I don't know what it is, however. It's making me depressed. I daydream about it a lot and it's constantly on my mind.

I think it's a feeling of wanting to do something great and profound. But it's not something like "I want to become a doctor and save many lives", "I want to make man a multi-planetary species", "I want to help kids in Africa", etc. At least, none of these kinds of ideas seem like they'd fulfill this desire. Maybe it's not even wanting to DO something, just... encounter something profound? Get involved in an interesting situation?

I don't even know. What is this, /adv/? Anyone dealt with something like this before?
>>
Yes everyone wants to be the "one"
>>
>>17571803
What do you mean "the one"? If you mean it in a sense that I want to be in a position where I'm highly regarded by others, then I this is not it.
>>
>>17571737

when you are young you are content to just run around, play, consume, etc.

but the reason humanity is not just camping innawoods is becuase there is some intrinsic desire to improve, to change, to do something 'profound'.

everyones different. some is helping others. others its art. others its simply doing something seen as important. regardless of what it is its specific to you.

its what makes the day important as opposed to just waiting for the next moment.

when i cant write / film, i find myself going to work, wishing i could go home, then going home wishing i could go to work. it was a cycle of just waiting for the next day.

now each day matters again.
>>
>>17571737
Surely you want to gobble on cock.
>>
>>17571838
Yeah, in my childhood I never had thoughts like this, I was just content spending the whole day playing or exploring. Now that's either boring or feels unproductive and like I'm wasting my life.

So you think everyone has this desire, it's just different for each person? How do I find concretely what it is? No matter what I imagine doing, it doesn't seem like it would satisfy this urge.
>>
>>17571737
It´s called boredom anon.
>>
>>17571915
Hmm well I don't think it's just boredom.. sure, I don't feel this way when I'm engaged in doing something, but that's just because I forget about it temporarily.

Plus, I used to not feel this way even when I was bored before, but more recently (since a few years ago) I started experiencing this feeling.
>>
You want to leave your mark on the world but dont know how maybe?
>>
>>17571999
See, I don't think that's what it is.. that's kind of like one of those things I was describing in the OP. I don't want something like that. I don't care if nobody knows that I'm doing this "thing", whatever it is. I wouldn't mind if this doesn't change anything in the grand scheme of things.
>>
>>17572029
Then you probably just havent found something to be passionate about
>>
>>17572041
Maybe. I'm not passionate about anything and have no interests in general.
>>
>>17572058
Dont worry. Im the same
>>
>>17571910
Stop imagining the whats and wheres, just start doing things. I had same feeling op, then i started getting more involved at work, at home and with my family, I started cycling, lost a fuck ton of weight, stoped being anxious about the future when i started filling my thoughts with anything else.

You need to find equilibrium though and not over exert yourself.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.