[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What do you do when you've applied to literally every fucking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 1473250720026.jpg (38KB, 540x438px) Image search: [Google]
1473250720026.jpg
38KB, 540x438px
What do you do when you've applied to literally every fucking job possible / available and now they've all run out and still haven't had any luck? Seriously, I'm so tired of hearing the same bullshit from people like
>just keep trying you'll get one eventually
>just go down the street and ask if they have any vacancies and you'll get one no problem
>have you been to a recruitment agency? they'll have some!
>my friend got this job so obviously you can get one too :^)
I know you probably get these questions a lot but I've applied to everything online, every shop with vacancies in 4 towns, been to a recruitment agency (who are the most useless piles of shit), asked all the people I'm close with if they have anything near them, and still fucking nothing other than a few interviews that never heard a response from.
I've put a fuckton of effort into trying to make a good CV, being well-presented, keeping on top of profiles for applications, and I have a years experience in the customer service roles I'm applying for. I've been doing this for 2 months, which isn't a particularly long time, but seriously what gives?
Am I just that shit?
>>
Probably your resume design and/or job interview skills are bad.

You can take a short course on these and they should clear up what you are doing wrong.

Also, if you haven't worked for a long time (have a big gap) people will think you are a slacker or a drug addict or something. But you can get around this with good emphasis on skills.
>>
>>17571433
I've followed guides / taken a lot of advice on resume / interviews already, but they can be improved I guess
I left work the same month I started looking for a job so that's not it
I appreciate the reply
>>
>>17571469
Are you a college student or something like that? They may not want someone that they feel is only a temporary hire until you move onto something better. "Overqualified".

I assume you're just applying to any old labor job? Or are you looking for something in a degree field?
>>
>>17571474
Left school a year ago and have done a year in retail, not in / planning to go to college
I've made it clear where applicable that I'm looking for permanent work and applying to any entry-level jobs
>>
Ever thought about becoming an EMT? Only a 3 month training class and they're always in demand.
>>
>>17571765
I hadn't previously but I'll look into it, thanks
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.