[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Blood Draw Needles?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

I'd like to draw a small amount of blood (probably more than a finger-prick can do) for an art project. I'd like to use human blood and preferably mine, not pig's blood, so I wonder: How can I get a venipuncture needle?

Note: I'm not going to do something stupid like remove a pint of blood, maybe 6 ounces' worth.
>>
Maybe approach a medical school and see if they'd be allowed to do something like that for practice and then give you the blood they've drawn. I imagine a doctor would not be allowed or want to do that for fear of getting in trouble and I don't really want to suggest doing it yourself.
>>
>>17569582
get some needles from your local
junkie needle swap
tap a vein
wa la
>>
>>17569614
Good point, but I don't know many medical schools that would be amenable to this. Back in undergrad I knew some pre-Med's and RN's who would have been obliging, but I'm a crusty 30-something now.

>>17569622
I work in tech as a day job. It's possible I'll be contracted by the US military in the next few years. I don't want my ID associated with any needle clinic, so that's out.
>>
>>17569679
they dont ask for names
>>
>>17569582
You can buy hypodermic needles over the counter at drug stores (for diabetics). You can also buy this
http://www.blowoutmedical.com/n-a-2441.html?utm_source=google&utm_medium=base&utm_campaign=products&feed_special=google

With this

http://www.liveactionsafety.com/kendall-monoject-sodium-chloride-0-9-prefill-i-v-syringe-flush/?gclid=CJKzk5uIkc8CFYhqfgodT9INxw

Watch a few YouTube videos on how to draw blood.
>>
>please /adv/ tell me how to buy a common product
>>
>>17569582
slow the fuck down man

opening a vein is litterally the fastest way to drain blood from a person

fuck it up and you could loose a serious amount of blood

people don't learn how do do this shit in an afternoon, paramedics study for several weeks, hospital staff for even longer

don't for christs sake just grab a needle and stab it into yourself

aside from the risk of blood loss there is blood poisoning, damage to the vein etc etc

>for art
you're either a liar or you are mad, just use fake blood and tell people it's real if you want the shock factor, nobody is going to DNA test your canvas
>>
>>17570269
>paramedics study for several weeks

Actually I'm a paramedic, and we learned to infusion in an afternoon. Also the skill of "getting a line" is done through practice, and could be taught through YouTube videos in about 30 minutes or so.

Keep your exploring for blood in the antecubital space, or the top of the hand.

Use a buttefly needle, with a luer lock tube, and a luer lock flush, which can be purchased online. Also a tourniquet might come in handy.
>>
>>17570269

>opening a vein is litterally the fastest way to drain blood from a person

Actually arterial bleeding is the fastest way to die from hypovolemic shock. Venuous bleeding can be controlled with direct pressure, or even elevation.
>>
>>17570284
>>17570286
while ou are both correct, in that the procedure is not brain surgery

it can be taught
1. under supervision in controled environments eg. not in OP's room
2. to people of a reasonable general competency eg. you made it into para-medicine in the first place

I don't want to insult OP, but there are some people out there who can fuck up removing a splinter

and since none of those people self-identify I advocate caution

I don't want to presume OP can distinguish an artery from a vein, or from a tendon, or from his eye
or that OP can sterelize, or get the right type of needle

I hope this makes sense
>>
Pharmacies sell needles. Buy one there, find someone to prick, then ur good
>>
>>17570268
There are many kinds of needles. I've injected peptides before, but this is different.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.